Who owns the Park and Ride Car Park outside Home Park? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who owns the Park and Ride Car Park outside Home Park?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
When I arrived at about 19:05, having been turned away from the Goals car park, I tried to use the Park and Ride Car Park.
There were at least 40 or 50 spare spaces but they all had bollards places at the front but some officious little twit wearing a orange jacket stopped us from moving a bollard. He told us they were reserved for players and officials.
We reluctantly decided to try somewhere else but he stood in the space and refused to move to allow me to turn my car around. Rather than move, he banged hard on the back of my car.
Who authorised the bollards to be placed in the Park and Ride Car Park?
I can’t have been the only Argyle supporter frustrated by the placement of these bollards.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":3oofz00d said:
When I arrived at about 19:05, having been turned away from the Goals car park, I tried to use the Park and Ride Car Park.
There were at least 40 or 50 spare spaces but they all had bollards places at the front but some officious little twit wearing a orange jacket stopped us from moving a bollard. He told us they were reserved for players and officials.
We reluctantly decided to try somewhere else but he stood in the space and refused to move to allow me to turn my car around. Rather than move, he banged hard on the back of my car.
I can’t have been the only Argyle supporter frustrated by the placement of these bollards.

Pretty sure it's owned by Plymouth City Council.

I would have thought any players & officials would have arrived well before 1905.

Aug 8, 2013
I don't know what the bollards are for, but if they hadn't been there,
those 40-50 places would have been taken well before 7.05. If you
don't get there before 6.00 for an evening game and about 12.30
for a Saturday game, you 'll be very lucky to find a place in the
Park and Ride.

Sep 25, 2010
davie nine":3qcizf4x said:

Blimey, where have you been, they have been there, since the re-building started of the grandstand.

Well over a year ago.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I’ve been catching the special bus from Plympton.
So, do any really latecomers get these spaces if no ‘players and officials take them at, say, 15 minutes before kickoff.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Exactly!! That’s the ‘explanation’ I can’t accept. I do realise now that, if the cones weren’t there, the spaces would have been taken long before I arrived. If the spaces were kept for disabled supporters I could perfectly understand. But, ‘players and officials’ 40 minutes before kickoff??
I’ll make alternative arrangements on Saturday.

Aug 17, 2005
I can never understand the discussions about parking as it's always about the lack of it and how near the groundnone can get. Walking down to the match you will see cars crawling around the roads in the lower half of beacon park but if they went to the other side of beacon park road there is always parking available. Not even five minutes walking