Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Wednesday 4 March | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Wednesday 4 March

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

Ryan Lowe talks about the win against Grimsby ... club website
“We knew they would play 4-3-3, three attackers up there and we just moved it around a little bit tactically, with one or two players in different positions. We always felt, especially at home, we could play our passing game, breaking through the lines and always be a threat.”
Grimsby manager Ian Holloway spoke about the game ...
“Funnily enough, I thought we started quite well against a very, very good team.
“We tried to press them, tried to close them, but to be honest I got my team selection wrong and I got my formation wrong.
“They were better than I thought they were. I thought we could impose ourselves on it, but at the end of the day I left my two centre-halves with two on them.
"The second goal was a killer because they played it right through and he scooted away and scored.
“All I can say is well done to them. I thought we did much better in the second half, but they’re a very good team, and we’re nowhere near as good as them at the minute, and that’s as honest as I can be about it.
“They looked just like Sheffield United to be honest, and you don’t expect to see that in the second division."

The points needed for third place in League Two over the last 10 years:
2018/2019 - 79
2017/2018 - 84
2016/2017 - 85
2015/2016 - 85
2014/2015 - 85
2013/2014 - 81
2012/2013 - 78
2011/2012 - 84
2010/2011 - 80
2009/2010 - 82
Average - 82

Grimsby match highlights .... You Tube

Striker Ryan Hardie talks about the third goal against Grimsby and who scored it ...
“The referee put the third goal down as mine but Jephs is claiming it. Naz headed it back across and Jeph has had a shot from a tight angle. It has either went in or stayed on the line and I’ve made sure it went in, I’ll take it if the referee gave it to me.”
“Of course, what you want to do as a footballer is start games, but the manager makes the decisions.
“Whether I feel it’s right or not, it’s up to him at the end of the day. I am glad I got my chance and I finally got a goal as a starter."

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Fair play to Mr Holloway for the frank, honest opinion. I can think of a lot of other managers in this division who would never have been so objective eg the Crewe manager. :thumbup:

Aug 5, 2016
Emeraldinho":l12jtup2 said:
Fair play to Mr Holloway for the frank, honest opinion. I can think of a lot of other managers in this division who would never have been so objective eg the Crewe manager. :thumbup:

We won 3-0 last night and hit the bar 3 times!

Against Crewe we had a dubious penalty awarded and they had a stonewaller denied them.

Not that I agree with Artell's sour grapes behaviour but it was completely different circumstances. He was hardly going to come out and fawn over how great we were and how he got it wrong tactically when the game hinged on two majorly contentious decisions. Another referee and Argyle may well have drawn or lost that game.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
...and if Porter had converted that open, unprotected goal chance; but he didn’t.
That makes Joe Edwards’s miss last night look a difficult chance.

Dec 3, 2005
Well done Ian holloway for a fair and honest assessment of the game.

There will be some early leavers at the Exeter game IF they want to catch the Cornwall trains at 21:41 & 21:47 lol