Quiet Devonport End | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Quiet Devonport End

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Outsung by a couple coachloads from Cambridge, and a mini bus full from Grimsby.

The only sound from the Devonport is that fawning Ryan Lowe chant, yet when the green army travel they are excellent, what gives??

Jul 14, 2008
The atmosphere at home park is better than average when compared to other stadiums (and I have been to nearly all of them). It’s just the way football is now.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
I agree times have changed, but seating is no excuse as the Devonport End all stand anyway.

Perhaps they need some new chants aimed at supporting the players, rather than the manager, it is them after all who we need to encourage?

Jan 29, 2020
Outsung by a taxi load of Crawley fans too, who did have a rather amusing chant to the tune of "oh what a night", mocking the lack of atmosphere in most grounds midweek.

I'm not sure why people think that football under the lights creates a better atmosphere at Home park as it rarely ever does.

May 28, 2019
its the only song we know, ryan lowe, its the only song we know,oh ryan lowe is the only song we know , the only song we know , oh oh ryan lowe is the only song we know :funny:

Sep 25, 2010
Outsung by Cambridge and Grimsby, don’t think so.

Thought the Devonport end, was their usual excellence last night.

Aug 4, 2011
Martyn":33vov93g said:

Barely heard them at all watching on ifollow, the Grimsby commentator (who was very good and complimentary) mentioned on a few occasions how quiet the ground was and how surprised he was with the lack of atmosphere.
Been the same for 12 - 15 years now

Sep 25, 2010
football-bet-data":1vl0ol1k said:
Martyn":1vl0ol1k said:

Barely heard them at all watching on ifollow, the Grimsby commentator (who was very good and complimentary) mentioned on a few occasions how quiet the ground was and how surprised he was with the lack of atmosphere.

Absolute crap !!!

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Martyn":2f6zi2q0 said:

Martyn... I can assure you that from my lofty position in the Mayflower Upper East that the Devonport End was very quiet and barely heard apart from the odd Ryan Lowe “song”.
That said Grimsby weren’t exactly vociferous!

Sep 7, 2006
The audio on ifollow last night meant that I could either hear the crowd, or the commentators, sometimes neither, but never both. On that basis, it wasn't obvious to me how much noise the Demport did or didn't make.

Aug 4, 2011
Martyn":rwu01g8z said:
football-bet-data":rwu01g8z said:
Martyn":rwu01g8z said:

Absolute crap !!!

Nope, they definitely picked up on it more than once. Even asked the co-commentator (Rory Fallon) if it was usually this subdued.
Only time you could hear them was in the last 15 mins when the officials started playing up.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Martyn":14qzmbp8 said:

I sat in 15 last night, barely heard a sound from the Devonport and when I did it was just the song about Lowe. Only other exception was as players were getting subbed off. Atmosphere was terrible.

Mar 10, 2007
I'm in block 3 and it was pretty loud last night - especially downstairs at halftime. I sat in the Mayflower against Cambridge and couldn't hear a peep - think it is the acoustics at the stadium.

You can't go on ifollow either, I've been at away games where we haven't shut up all game, the mrs has been watching on ifollow at home and asked "why weren't you lot making any noise?" - it's down to where they put the mics.

Aug 4, 2011
styler":2v5xtulm said:
I'm in block 3 and it was pretty loud last night - especially downstairs at halftime. I sat in the Mayflower against Cambridge and couldn't hear a peep - think it is the acoustics at the stadium.

You can't go on ifollow either, I've been at away games where we haven't shut up all game, the mrs has been watching on ifollow at home and asked "why weren't you lot making any noise?" - it's down to where they put the mics.
You can when the commentators on the game are the ones making the observation.

the noise made under the concourse doesn't really count towards the in game atmosphere does it