iFollow An Apology....... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

iFollow An Apology.......

Jul 14, 2008
Not sure there is much need for an apology, the coverage was fine. Football is better without commentary anyway.

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
Here is an email I wrote to the club the last time iFollow went badly wrong, during the Newport match. I didn’t get a reply.

Dear Argyle

I am sure you are aware of the issue yesterday with the technical failure of the audio feed of iFollow for the first 23 minutes of the match.

I am sure you also know that you were promoting via Twitter the chance to listen to the feed for a one-off payment of £2.50.

I’m a regular subscriber to iFollow living away from Plymouth and like many, it has become a ritual to plan each Saturday around listening to the match.

When you ask for feedback about “anything related to your match-day experience at Home Park”, it seems you forget that the match day experience does not begin and end around PL2. As you know, there’s a widely dispersed diaspora of Argyle addicts like myself who depend on the iFollow service to stay in touch with the game (not being able to get Radio Devon coverage of course).

With the new stadium, the board now recognises the need to generate further revenues. To do so, the club’s services must be of high and consistent quality and represent good value for money.

Unfortunately, the audio version of iFollow is repeatedly failing on both of these measures. Once again, it failed its audio UK listeners yesterday, leaving them high and dry with no means to listen to the match. This is unacceptable, particularly in context of your promotion of the audio service before yesterday’s game.

I write therefore to request the following:

a) the Board discuss the repeated failings of the iFollow audio service and take measures to rectify the issues. It should not be too difficult to test the service properly and install back-up systems.

b) the experience of the wider non-Home Park attending fan is considered in your post-match evaluations. That includes iFollow audio Uk and full video service fans around the world.

c) a full review of the IFollow service is undertaken at the end of the season and should it be continued, contingency plans are put in place to cope with repeated failings and outages.

With the fantastic new physical infrastructure at Home Park, I am sure you don't wish the Argyle experience to be tarnished by repeated failings in the virtual experience of supporting the club.

Yours etc.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
I don't get all the criticism of iFollow. As an exile who can't get to midweek games, I've found it a great asset to have.

Each time i watch it the coverage improves. It's not perfect but none of the glitches have taken away from my enjoyment of being able to watch mid week games.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Emu":3sfi8y15 said:
green brissle":3sfi8y15 said:
I e-mailed them and they gave me a code for a free match
What did you say in your email to them? I might contact them as well.

They offered me a free match when the Maccy game (day pass) froze on me. I simply said 'no thanks' Phil and asked for a full refund which they gave me within hours.

I've worked my own away around this now but as the standard offer, in my opinion iFollow is crap. I've always had problems with it on my Mac, on my iPhone however it's always worked well.

As I say, due to the crap offering, I've now made different arrangements and I'm chuffed to bits with what I've got now.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
To be honest, I've used iFollow 4 times now and Tuesday was the first time I've had problems. For 5 quid being able to sit here in Kabul and watch Argyle live is pretty awesome. So despite there being teething problems, I'm happy to keep paying on the basis that hopefully these technological problems will continue to be ironed out.

Agree.

Sat here for an hour and a half watching our favourite team play a rival team for a fiver IS awesome !!

Only once I have been let down and I was given a freebie for the following match a few days later !

Keep up the good work, iFollow.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
The quality on the foreign broadcast is far better than what you get at home.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It does seem to be that way.

I certainly hope it improves and expands.

I'd love to pay an away season ticket (say £250) to the football club, knowing I can see every way game in the comfort of my own home.

:scarf:

May 8, 2015
I just sent an e-mail to I-follow explaining the issues that we all know were present and was there something they could do about it? Received a response and a code to use for a future game.
I think that is a fair resolution.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
IJN":16p984m7 said:
Emu":16p984m7 said:
green brissle":16p984m7 said:
I e-mailed them and they gave me a code for a free match
What did you say in your email to them? I might contact them as well.

They offered me a free match when the Maccy game (day pass) froze on me. I simply said 'no thanks' Phil and asked for a full refund which they gave me within hours.

I've worked my own away around this now but as the standard offer, in my opinion iFollow is crap. I've always had problems with it on my Mac, on my iPhone however it's always worked well.

As I say, due to the crap offering, I've now made different arrangements and I'm chuffed to bits with what I've got now.

I managed to get a free match which I guess is better than nothing. ha

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
IJN":3khk4t6x said:
It does seem to be that way.

I certainly hope it improves and expands.

I'd love to pay an away season ticket (say £250) to the football club, knowing I can see every way game in the comfort of my own home.

:scarf:

I get to see every home and away game for $190.00 CDN which is about £108