Squad for next couple of games (Morecambe A and Orient A) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Squad for next couple of games (Morecambe A and Orient A)

Sep 25, 2010
We will have 3 more players probably available for the next couple of away games

Sarcevic back from suspension
Josh Grant back from injury
Will Aimson, also available

That gives RL a headache

Thought in the last couple of games, Wootton, Conor Grant, Cooper, Hardie and Mayor, have been outstanding

Bakinson has also been good, but his weakness, is that he gives about 3/4 passes away each match.

Interesting times

Oct 14, 2015
Thought Moore was a bit lethargic today at times, when he got the ball out on the wing I wanted him to open his legs and use his pace to get down the wing but he seemed reluctant to do it. Didnā€™t think he had his best game today. Donā€™t get me wrong as I think he played ok but felt he couldā€™ve done a bit more at times with the ball at his feet

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Iā€™d have Edwards in at RB. It means when Cooper pushes up down the left, Fadz can slide across to LB and Edwards becomes a right back. Allows us to cover defensively and relieves Coops of defensive responsibility.

Apr 4, 2004
Good to have options but he can't change the team after the week the team have had. Can he? Good that there are players waiting for their chance to impress.

Sep 2, 2008
ming the merciless":30bz0ltw said:
Good to have options but he can't change the team after the week the team have had. Can he? Good that there are players waiting for their chance to impress.

My thoughts exactly. It would send out the wrong message especially as Lowe has always said that any player that comes in has to take their chance. Fadz and Grant have certainly done that imo.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
It's a really interesting conundrum for RL to deal with - but what a nice position to be in.

I said in another thread that I'd bring Sarce back in. I do get the "don't change a winning team" point of view, and someone on another thread saying Mayor has looked good with two deeper behind him. That said, at the start of the week nobody would have been asking for Grant to start over Sarce at Morecambe, and Sarce has been the player of the season so far. It's a real tough one. Glad it's not my decision.

I didn't think Moore looked like he needed a rest but maybe he looked more knackered in real life. He was still up and down until he went off, and has a week to recover now. Edwards has been underrated at RWB though and will hopefully be fresh after missing out today.

I wouldn't change the back three. From what I've seen, I think Aimson is a better player than Wootton and I believe he played that position for Bury. But Wootton has earned his spot and I don't think will lose it before the end of the season unless he gets injured or suspended. I also don't think Sawyer will come back in straight away - Cooper needs to play and Fadz gives us pace in the back three.

The only other one up for discussion is Bakinson/Josh Grant. Another tough one, two great options to have. They both offer different things in that role. As it stands, I'd keep with the continuity of Bakinson, but Josh will be pushing him when he's back up and running.

My team for Morecambe, assuming no extra niggles, would be:

Palmer
Wootton Canavan Fadz
Bakinson
Moore Sarcevic Mayor Cooper
Hardie Jephcott

Subs: Cooper, Aimson, J Grant, Edwards, C Grant, Telford, Taylor.

Nov 2, 2004
If fit I would bring in josh Grant for fadz. I thought fadz was bang average today and he could cost us.

Apr 4, 2004
I think the team looks to have a very good balance with today's line up. Particularly in midfield. I really can't see him changing it unless anyone has picked up a knock today. The last two games we've been really good and are getting the momentum going again. To be truthful before the forced changes. We were looking flat.

Jan 2, 2019
Bakinson looks far better as an attacking midfielder and is dangerous getting into the box. Sarce hasnā€™t played well for weeks on the whole. Canā€™t change the team at the moment.

Koala Green

šŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗ
āœ… Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
ealinggreen":3byae8i7 said:
If fit I would bring in josh Grant for fadz. I thought fadz was bang average today and he could cost us.

I think Fadz is an interesting one, from all the games I have seen this season, I think he struggles with headers and you can see teams target his area quite often and he doesn't win as many headers as Sawyer for example.

It's a tricky one as he does give an extra option with pace and going forward but we are defensively more solid with Sawyer in the team IMHO. I think Cooper should always start at wing back as his creativity it soo devastating not to have him in the team. Fadz should probably be sub and replace him when he flags or if we need to protect a lead (also Fadz is not a good crosser, so we lsoe the early cross option that Cooper gives us.)

On Bakinson, I feel he is a better attacking option in the central role when we need to chase a game. It was apparent how many late runs he made into the box yesterday. I think Josh Grant is better option for keeping it tight and especially away games . I do think we need to cut Bakinson some slack though, yes he has some mistakes in him but he is young and he does stuff which when it comes off (eg Hardie pass for goal vs Grimsby) gives us another dimension.

Lot of hard (but good) decisions for Ryan to make. The positive aspect about this is when you watch all those matchday moment and tunnel cam videos you can really see there is a sense of togetherness and team spirit in the squad.

Great time to be an Argyle fan right now, just hope we can get it over the line next 9 games.

Sep 25, 2010
WoodfordWall":317bcmwi said:
Bakinson looks far better as an attacking midfielder and is dangerous getting into the box. Sarce hasnā€™t played well for weeks on the whole. Canā€™t change the team at the moment.

Sarce hasnā€™t played well for weeks on the whole. ???????? :facepalm:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Itā€™s good that our squad is strengthened by the fact that next week we should have Sarcevic, Josh Grant, Aimson and Edwards available for the 18 man squad.
In addition, I believe that we will no longer have the risk of suspensions for accumulated yellow cards.
Itā€™s looking good for the remaining games.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Sawyer and J Grant back in when available.

The rest have to wait.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
They should all wait. Two games, Two wins, Six goals scored, 0 goals conceded. Why on earth should we change it?

Feb 18, 2013
Plymouth
Mark Pedlar":3758i5hg said:
They should all wait. Two games, Two wins, Six goals scored, 0 goals conceded. Why on earth should we change it?

Agreed. I can't see how anyone could argue with that logic; player, fan, or otherwise. Aim of any football game is to score more/concede fewer goals than the opposition. We've done that convincingly over the last few games. If it isn't broken, don't change it.