• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

George Cooper's deliveries

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Thought I'd take a topic in our car on the way home on here..

In living memory have we had a player who can deliver a ball better than George Cooper?

The guy obviously has an absolute wand of a left foot, and to be able to do what he can with his right too...

well I think he's up there as the very best.

If not, who's been better? Noone and Buzsaky were mentioned as possibles..

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
You don’t have to go back very far to compare him with Graham Carey.
George has made a good start but he has a way to go yet for ‘worldly’ goals and assists.
I hope we can sign him in the summer, though.

Aug 5, 2016
Cooper gets dropped, we drop points.

Cooper gets recalled, we win games.

His assist rate is in a different league to any other Argyle player. We can't afford to drop him again.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
ChepstowGreen":3u2yfvt3 said:

In living memory have we had a player who can deliver a ball better than George Cooper?

The guy obviously has an absolute wand of a left foot, and to be able to do what he can with his right too...

Well I must admit that's not where I thought we were going when I saw the thread title.

Not consistent enough to play for Peterborough in League 1 - is he good enough for us in L1, if we get there?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
He can pull some fantastic crosses out of the bag, but I'd say they're 1 in 5.

The other 4 are either overshot (tends to be that) or hit the first man infront of him.

If he can get some more consistency from those crosses he'll shoot up the leagues.

But in answer to the question in the OP, Carey had a fantastic cross in him, add in the wand of a left foot for shots.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":3nlyizc5 said:

His assist rate is in a different league to any other Argyle player. We can't afford to drop him again.

I think he deserved to be dropped, he'd had a run of poor form and we've got options now. If anything that little break has done him good and he's come back into the side fired up. Lets hope it continues.

Oct 31, 2015
Too early yet to compare him to those players. Both Noone and Akos were very good in the championship. We are watching 4th division drivel.

He has the potential but is it in green?

ChepstowGreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Willis88":3qhde851 said:
He can pull some fantastic crosses out of the bag, but I'd say they're 1 in 5.

The other 4 are either overshot (tends to be that) or hit the first man infront of him.

If he can get some more consistency from those crosses he'll shoot up the leagues.

But in answer to the question in the OP, Carey had a fantastic cross in him, add in the wand of a left foot for shots.

They're not all perfect by any means but when he catches them properly I've not seen better at HP.

1 in 5 I think is a bit harsh though!

ChepstowGreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Mark Pedlar":doub4tsb said:
ChepstowGreen":doub4tsb said:

Well I must admit that's not where I thought we were going when I saw the thread title.

Not consistent enough to play for Peterborough in League 1 - is he good enough for us in L1, if we get there?

Undoubtedly yes. In fact I'm pretty certain he'll be playing higher than L1 before too long, hopefully with us of course.

Aug 5, 2016
Mark Pedlar":236xwbhm said:
ChepstowGreen":236xwbhm said:

Was Carey ever really good enough for Ross County?

Mar 8, 2016
Knibbsworth":17lmnzqe said:

Spot on. Him and Danny Mayor absolutely ran the show yesterday.

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham
Mark Pedlar":1v5t3vw6 said:
ChepstowGreen":1v5t3vw6 said:

so ny bradley was in a similar position released by Crawley and then went on to star for us before playing championship football :scarf:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Strangely, it’s his dead ball delivery that doesn’t live up to his overall reputation. He whips in some dangerous crosses on the move, but his corners and free kicks are often over or under hit. Can’t argue with his assist rate though and he had his best game in a green shirt yesterday. If he can keep scoring consistently, he will earn his rapidly growing reputation. There can’t be another side in L2 at present with a pair like Cooper and Mayor, that’s for sure. Opposition defences now have a real problem in how to double mark both of them.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Devongreenowl":3nbf421j said:
Strangely, it’s his dead ball delivery that doesn’t live up to his overall reputation. He whips in some dangerous crosses on the move, but his corners and free kicks are often over or under hit. Can’t argue with his assist rate though and he had his best game in a green shirt yesterday. If he can keep scoring consistently, he will earn his rapidly growing reputation. There can’t be another side in L2 at present with a pair like Cooper and Mayor, that’s for sure. Opposition defences now have a real problem in how to double mark both of them.

While at the same time, having to worry what Hardie and Jephcott will do to them given half a chance!