They’re not ‘appy at Sid James | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

They’re not ‘appy at Sid James

I’m delighted to realise I may have been a bit of a chump. I’ve posted many times
my belief that Excretia would stay the course on the run-in. This was based on assurances by my many neighbourhood supporters that they had great strength in depth to see them through any hiccups, and an automatic spot was a near certainty!

However when I visited ‘the word on well street’ last night, you read a totally different picture. There’s a thread which is so negative that they are discussing who will join them in league 2 next year, coming up from the NL and down from league 1. They agree that Moxey’s legs have gone, and that with their regular goalkeeper away, presumably thru injury, results are unlikely to improve.

Aah, deep joy (for those old enough to remember Stanley Unwin).

Jan 21, 2007
I wonder if their fans have a brilliant and hilarious name for us as well ... (Excretia :facepalm: ... {cringe}) ... we will evolve out of this at some stage :sigh:

Hargyle":pa0720d8 said:
I wonder if their fans have a brilliant and hilarious name for us as well ... (Excretia :facepalm: ... {cringe}) ... we will evolve out of this at some stage :sigh:

Despite my authorship of the OP Hargyle, I agree with you. Excretia is a bit feeble. I believe some of them refer to us as Plymuff which they must have pinched from a London team, because muff is definitely a cockney expression.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
mervyn":o3almsyq said:
I’m delighted to realise I may have been a bit of a chump. I’ve posted many times
my belief that Excretia would stay the course on the run-in. This was based on assurances by my many neighbourhood supporters that they had great strength in depth to see them through any hiccups, and an automatic spot was a near certainty!

However when I visited ‘the word on well street’ last night, you read a totally different picture. There’s a thread which is so negative that they are discussing who will join them in league 2 next year, coming up from the NL and down from league 1. They agree that Moxey’s legs have gone, and that with their regular goalkeeper away, presumably thru injury, results are unlikely to improve.

If we match results with EXETER and Cheltenham we can afford 2 slip ups and still stay in 3rd.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Hargyle":3lwhgl4l said:

I understand that they call us "gargoyles", "gargles", "the cornish" (unimaginative) and (very unimaginatively) "scum". Occaisionally I have seen Argyle.

No wonder they are not happy with their dip in form given recent seasons. That will certainly shake the confidence of the fans (and perhaps some players).

A loss at HP will really set their doomsayers off. Hopefully we can make it so.

fitz

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 28, 2006
Dubai UAE
I’ve only just noticed they call us Argiggle.
I rather like that!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
They are an angry little mob and not just with us. The factions even within EXeweb are such it would be hard pressed to find two with the same opinion about anything.

If they have a motto it should be “my enemies enemy is my friend”.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Who didn’t know they’d lose their bottle?

As I said a couple of months ago, it’s an EFL rule.

As for Exeweb, I didn’t know it was still running.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Have said since Nov/Dec that we will go up and that the Greek urns will miss out (again). Nothing to date has made me change my view on that. Ask me again on Monday 23rd at 10pm!

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Ade the green":2kbvsc31 said:
They are an angry little mob and not just with us. The factions even within EXeweb are such it would be hard pressed to find two with the same opinion about anything.

If they have a motto it should be “my enemies enemy is my friend”.

It's the nature of online (football supporter) forums generally. P@soti has its share as well.

Having said that I could suggest that they change the title to "The woes of Well Street"

Hopefully the Excetera players are similarly conflicted and afflicted.

COYG

:scarf:

May 22, 2006
Ade the green":3ph87vlo said:
mervyn":3ph87vlo said:

If we match results with EXETER and Cheltenham we can afford 2 slip ups and still stay in 3rd.

Cheltenham have supposedly lost Ben Tozer for the rest of the season and also rumoured that they have also lost Varney for the same period. They still have games against Exeter and Swindon. Wouldn’t be a major surprise to see them drop away.

With players coming back, we have a great chance but certainly can’t afford to be complacent. A challenge could yet come from a late run from another team.