Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 12 March | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 12 March

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

According to the Times and the Daily Mail an announcement is expected on Thursday stating all Premier League and EFL games to be played behind closed doors with immediate effect in an effort to combat the coronavirus.
Season ticket holders will be able to watch games on the iFollow service, no games will be shown in pubs.
If this goes ahead Argyle's game against Morecambe will be the first game played behind closed doors. There is no end date for this plan of action.
Daily Mail
The Times

Why not join the Big Green Lottery for just ยฃ9.75 a month and help support the Argyle Academy whilst enjoying exclusive membership benefits, plus have the chance to win some fantastic prizes? Full details

Pasoti Man of the Match winners so far:
Antoni Sarcevic - 7 games
Danny Mayor - 6
George Cooper - 4
Alex Palmer - 4
Tyreeq Bakinson - 2
Byron Moore - 2
Ryan Hardie - 2
Josh Grant - 2
Joe Edwards - 2

At a Crewe Fans' Forum on Wednesday manager David Artell was still critical of referee Tom Nield who took charge of the game at Home Park last month
I had a meeting with (head of referees) Mike Jones recently and he apologised for the Plymouth game. I didnโ€™t say anything I felt inappropriate at half time, I was worried about him genuinely, he was crumbling. And I was proven right.
On referees as a whole, Mike wanted to chat with me because of the help Iโ€™ve been giving him all season.
Cheshire Live

Ryan Lowe on the Sky Debate show spoke about the coronavirus and revealed that no Argyle player is self isolating, players are washing their hands more and the dressing room is cleaned more often.
He said he doesn't want games to be played behind closed doors and it would financially affect many lower league clubs.

Ryan Lowe at today's press conference ...

Peterborough United owner Darragh MacAnthony has tweeted ...
He and Accrington owner Andy Holt would prefer games to be postponed and played in May and June (players are under contract until end of June) with a later start for the new season.

EFL Day of Action at Home Park .....You Tube video

Midfielder Tyreeq Bakinson talks about his season so far .. club website

The UK government is considering banning sporting fixtures amid the coronavirus outbreak - but it will not happen immediately.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson said ..
"We are considering banning major public events like sporting fixtures.
"The scientific advice is this has little effect on the spread - but it does place a burden on other public services.
"We are not saying no to that sort of measure, we are keeping it up our sleeves. But it is very, very important in order to maximise our interventions that we get the timing right."

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โš–๏ธ
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
So only season ticket holders can watch on th iFollow service? That's sounds really fair. NOT

Jan 2, 2005
Plymouth
Monster Green":2vce031l said:
So only season ticket holders can watch on th iFollow service? That's sounds really fair. NOT

As compensation for not going to watch the match they have paid for. I reckon the rest of us could still pay to watch on ifollow

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โš–๏ธ
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
dani_B":1ihtbd2m said:
Monster Green":1ihtbd2m said:

As compensation for not going to watch the match they have paid for. I reckon the rest of us could still pay to watch on ifollow

I would hope so. Not all have season tickets but attended every match

Jan 8, 2006
Can't see the play offs taking place now. Sounds like IFollow will be given to season ticket holders so they can watch the games live and everyone else will be able to watch by paying on a match basis. If you have a pc or laptop and want to watch on your tv, get a chromecast!

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
bodspafc":29iv5ass said:
I really can't imagine iFollow will cope well with the extra users.....

That's a very good point and it won't really be the iFollow provider's fault. They will have the resources in place to cope with the usual expected level of use this season and I can't see how they will suddenly be able to increase these resources several-fold - they simply won't have the headroom.

pafcprogs

๐ŸŒŸ Pasoti Laureate ๐ŸŒŸ
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Latest BBC report says this is a leaked contingency plan with no Government agreement as yet....

Still so far response to this has been measured on the whole...although a friend of mine thought she was going to have to self isolate after someone contacted her to say he r daughters nursery was affected....for a joke!!!

Some people have no sense of proportion or sensibility.

Aug 8, 2013
Monster Green":2xkzv0a5 said:

The report in the Times states that iFollow would be accessible to season ticket holders
AND holders of tickets for individual games.
A more recent report on Yahoo (not the most reliable of sources) says that restrictions
on sporting events are not likely to be implemented today.

Jul 22, 2014
If the closed-door policy does come in, please could someone give consideration to Flexi members with outstanding games?

AdelaideGreen

๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ
Jan 11, 2017
Quinny":1zxtx7dv said:
djg145":1zxtx7dv said:
A complete over - reaction to the situation IMHO.

:banghead:

As someone who works in the NHS and gets daily briefings on the situation - no it isn't.

I hope that any decision is guided by professional medical opinion, and not the media hype or "trumpist" politics.