Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Friday 13 March | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Friday 13 March

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

The EFL released a statement on Thursday following the announcements from the latest Government Cobra meeting ...
In light of today’s announcement by the UK Government, EFL matches will continue to take place as normal while the guidance from the relevant authorities remains that there is no medical rationale to close or cancel sporting events at this time.
The EFL, however, will continue to work with Government and relevant stakeholders to further develop contingency plans to ensure the League is best placed to act as and when any potential restrictions may come into force.

Immediately following the announcement by the Prime Minister, EFL Chair Rick Parry held discussions with the FA and Premier League and agreed on a consistent approach ahead of this weekend’s round of fixtures. Matters will be further discussed at a meeting called by European Football’s Governing body, UEFA, on Tuesday 17 March.

The League will continue to liaise with the Government regarding ongoing developments and will continue to work with Clubs to ensure players, staff and supporters are updated and appraised accordingly.
These matters are, of course, subject to change and we will update as appropriate.
Ryan Lowe talks about his players .... club website
“I’ve said all along that the group are a special group. We’re becoming a very good team, which is what we wanted.
“We’ve got back-to-back wins, two clean sheets is always great but there is still plenty of work to be done."
Argyle ladies manager Dave Leonard will celebrate 50 games in charge this weekend ... club website

The EFL Board will meet this morning to make a decision on this weekend’s fixtures and beyond.

The EFL have now suspended all games until at least April 3. This means the games against Morecambe, Leyton Orient, Exeter City and Grimsby Town are all postponed.
The Premier League is also postponed.

EFL statement
The FA, Premier League, EFL and Barclays FA Women’s Super League and FA Women’s Championship have collectively agreed to postpone the professional game in England until 3 April at the earliest.
This action, which will be kept under constant review, has been taken due to the increasing numbers of Clubs taking steps to isolate their players and staff because of the COVID-19 virus.
In addition, Clubs are being advised to suspend indefinitely all non-essential activities which include, but are not limited to, player appearances, training ground visits and fan meetings.

The club closes down - statement .... club website
Online ticket sales on argyletickets.com for all football fixtures will be temporarily suspended until further notice.
The Home Park Ticket Office will be closed to all in-person visitors with immediate effect, until further notice. However, it will remain open to handle ticket enquiries by telephone.
The Argyle Superstore will be closed to all in-person visitors with immediate effect, until further notice. However, purchases can still be made via telephone, with orders shipped via mail. In response to the current situation, the retail team is bringing forward a previously planned project to reduce shipping charges.
The club’s online retail store, argylesuperstore.co.uk, will operate as usual.

Please note that further guidance on match tickets and refunds will be available in due course. It is the club’s intention that tickets held for rearranged fixtures will remain valid.
The club strongly advises that supporters retain their original match tickets. Supporters who do not retain their tickets may be unable to claim a refund.

All club commercial activities have been postponed until after Friday, April 3.The Mayflower Grandstand reception will remain closed until further notice.

May 28, 2019
djg145":8n50sqio said:
Amazing how Horse racing is allowed to carry on i.e. Cheltenham!!!
that is because the fa have made this decision off their own backs, not on advice from the government, who seem to be getting it all wrong

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
greybeard-kernow":1yg7blsw said:
djg145":1yg7blsw said:
that is because the fa have made this decision off their own backs, not on advice from the government, who seem to be getting it all wrong

Really? Loads of interviews with leading scientists, medics and virologists suggest they're getting it right!
Note according to the statement just released by the EFL etc the football season has been postponed because of potential issues with staff, not fans.

May 28, 2019
warney":omniheog said:
greybeard-kernow":omniheog said:
djg145":omniheog said:

Really? Loads of interviews with leading scientists, medics and virologists suggest they're getting it right!
Note according to the statement just released by the EFL etc the football season has been postponed because of potential issues with staff, not fans.
yes they are, every other country have taking measures we are not, why, because they want 60% of the uk to get the virus to create immune herds, at the cost of lots of deaths of elderly and sick people, i do not want an elderly or sick person to lose their life so i become immune, do you?https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... y-11956793

Mar 18, 2014
Therefore Kernow you should shutdown the entire country. All entertainment outlets, shops, garages. Everyone should just stay in there home for a specified time period.
Of course we will all eventually run out of foid because none will be manufactured. Gas and electric will stop because all the workers are at home.
There will be no fuel for emergency services because all the delivery drivers are at home.

Where should we stop with this ? Am i more likely to get a virus at football than at work?

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
There is no right answer, and given this will likely come back every year, building resistance in the healthy majority seems sensible. If you have elderly relatives, as I do, enable them to be isolated while the issue persists (do their shopping, keep them indoors, clean touched surfaces etc) rather than blame the government. When will people start to take responsibility for things.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
greybeard-kernow":nddfrnem said:
warney":nddfrnem said:
greybeard-kernow":nddfrnem said:
djg145":nddfrnem said:

yes they are, every other country have taking measures we are not, why, because they want 60% of the uk to get the virus to create immune herds, at the cost of lots of deaths of elderly and sick people, i do not want an elderly or sick person to lose their life so i become immune, do you?https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... y-11956793
The virus is not going to disappear on its own - you can't destroy it by closing everything and any 'lock down' has to be unlocked at some point then you'll get a bounce back that is uncontrolled and potentially worse. A steady spread throughout the non vulnerable population to create a 'herd immunity' makes sense so that hospitals are not overwhelmed and then we'll reach a point where the virus cannot sustain itself because the great majority of people are already immune. That's what the scientists & mathematical models are saying - and that is the most logical way to avoid as many deaths amongst the vulnerable as possible. Why is it so hard to listen to experts?

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
It looks like we are in for some tough times over the next two or three months. I guess most of us will never have been through anything like this before and we will all need to stick together and help each other in our communities. Ultimately we have to trust our experts and hope that their actions helps to mitigate the worst case scenario. It is clear that there is no way that we as a country can get through this without people getting affected and sadly there will be a significant number of deaths. Let us all hope that this is minimised as much as possible. This is our test as a nation, it's not going to be nice, and at the moment in Plymouth it feels like a phony war as we have not seen many cases yet, here's hoping we aren't too badly hit,
Pete