Zara Tindall at Cheltenham Races yesterday | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Zara Tindall at Cheltenham Races yesterday

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
On a less grim note, I was pleased to see The Tindall's at Cheltenham yesterday, with Zara looking radiant wearing a superb 'fascinator' in Argyle's colours of green, black and white. Long may she wear it.

Apr 9, 2011
I bet the organisers of Cheltenham cant believe their luck it was allowed to go ahead , should have been cancelled IMO. Being cynical probably down to financial reasons at the end of the day.
On the same note i see the London Marathon has been cancelled but not a word yet about the Grand National which is always around the same time , one rule for the horsie brigade & another for the rest of us ?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
phil-thefluter24":rd6tjt3u said:
I bet the organisers of Cheltenham cant believe their luck it was allowed to go ahead , should have been cancelled IMO. Being cynical probably down to financial reasons at the end of the day.
On the same note i see the London Marathon has been cancelled but not a word yet about the Grand National which is always around the same time , one rule for the horsie brigade & another for the rest of us ?

Why must there be some sort of agenda? Large outdoor gatherings have not been stopped by the Government so why shouldn't Cheltenham have gone ahead. When that changes, large outdoor events will be cancelled including The Grand National Festival. There wasn't a different rule for the London and Manchester Marathons. The organisers have taken those decisions off their own backs, without Government pressure.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
phil-thefluter24":3l90ax1o said:
No betting tax on Marathon runners...

Apr 9, 2011
Lundan Cabbie":10ctfgj6 said:
phil-thefluter24":10ctfgj6 said:

Why must there be some sort of agenda? Large outdoor gatherings have not been stopped by the Government so why shouldn't Cheltenham have gone ahead. When that changes, large outdoor events will be cancelled including The Grand National Festival. There wasn't a different rule for the London and Manchester Marathons. The organisers have taken those decisions off their own backs, without Government pressure.
They have now, after the horse has bolted , pardon the pun :mad:
As regards Cheltenham you are more or less agreeing with me insomuch as the organisers could & should have taken it on themselves to cancel it as other sports have done. As said previously it was down largely to money when you had one of the organisers saying it pumps 60 mill into the local economy enough said.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
phil-thefluter24":3iyrhgpg said:
Lundan Cabbie":3iyrhgpg said:
phil-thefluter24":3iyrhgpg said:

They have now, after the horse has bolted , pardon the pun :mad:
As regards Cheltenham you are more or less agreeing with me insomuch as the organisers could & should have taken it on themselves to cancel it as other sports have done. As said previously it was down largely to money when you had one of the organisers saying it pumps 60 mill into the local economy enough said.
4 horse racing meetings still going ahead this afternoon and another this evening.

Jul 3, 2013
Horse Racing made a decision before the football league about playing behind closed doors by the way, racing is taking place without spectators from Monday as was announced a few days ago.

May 22, 2006
Stiffler":1j5tftzd said:
Horse Racing made a decision before the football league about playing behind closed doors by the way, racing is taking place without spectators from Monday as was announced a few days ago.

UK racing still currently has spectators, with the exception of Scotland. Scottish government banning mass gatherings of 500, so Kelso on Monday behind closed doors. Racing in England and Wales following government advice, which may of course change.

Racing without spectators currently in Ireland, France, Dubai and some courses in Australia.