The cost of cancelled home games | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The cost of cancelled home games

Aug 12, 2016
Bang Phra. Thailand
Thinking about the actual loss of ticket sale to Argyle.
Let us assume that the attendances may be
Exeter: 18,000
Northampton: at least the average 10,338
FGR; again at least 10,338
Port Vale: which could be a promotion decider 18,000

At a rough estimate I would say possibly 1.33m pounds.

Not included: TV money for Exeter game and the lost revenue from (events/hospitality etc)
possibly making it 1.5miilion.

Given that the fat cat Premiership, the 'penniless' FA and the government are unlikey to stump up who will?

Mind you many clubs with limited funds will be worse off.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Your fag packet maths is somewhat out I think. To raise £1.33m from those numbers, everyone would need to be paying around £22 each. Season ticket holders certainly haven’t paid that much and Argyle already have that money anyway. Kids and senior supporters pay less than the standard match day price and you haven't considered how much of your calculation is VAT which, if not collected is not an Argyle loss but HMRC’s.

Dec 3, 2005
Argyle already have the Season Ticket money - well I hope they do.

Don't forget the loss to Ivor Dewdney as well ;)

Aug 2, 2011
As has been pointed out season ticket holders have already paid so the actual income loss with be based on somewhat less than 11 or 12 thousand POD of which many will be under 16. The loss will also be reduced by the reduction in overheads lighting, heating, water useage, police and stewarding costs etc etc. Away game travel costs will also be a saving. That is not to say there will not be a financial impact but it is not as simple as the OP suggests on his fag pack.