ESports | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

ESports

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I was thinking that one passable alternative to showing real love sports for a broadcaster like Sky would be to set up some esports competitions and show these instead. There are a lot of people without their regular fix of TV sport ‘anaesthetic’ and esports could perhaps fulfil that role. I know that such competitions already exist and I think they have sometimes been shown on tv (I’ve never paid them much attention) but there is now a huge hole in the market... good idea? Bad idea?

Jun 27, 2019
I caught one of those FIFA tournaments last summer while channel hopping. I was sat there thinking 'What am I watching this rubbish for'... two hours later and I was still watching it.

There must be some serious meetings going on at Sky etc right now. Surely they can't keep showing repeats for three weeks +.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I’m cancelling Sky at the end of the month. I pay £80 a month for it and it’s not worth it even when the football is on. As per the Springsteen song - 57 channels and nothing on. Or Pink Floyd - I’ve got thirteen channels of sh*t on my tv to choose from. Only it’s a lot more now. Unlike Bruce, I don’t think I will take a .44 magnum to the Tv though.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
eSports was on Sky last summer. It is weird to watch others playing FIFA when i could be playing it myself. Its serious business though with the players having a coach who talks tactics throughout the games. But like the poster above it was quite gripping! Probably more so than watching PL football as it is only short games.

BT have apparently offered the chance to postpone sports membership as they have nothing to show. Guess Sky will keep ripping me off and show Football Gold, Darts Gold, Cricket Gold, World of Golf to try and justify the monthly cost.