Importance of last 2 home games | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Importance of last 2 home games

Dec 3, 2005
No one knows how all this will end, hopefully the season will be able to finish at some stage.
Though IF the EFL come up with some other solution.
How important could our last two homes games & those 6 points turn out to be.
Argyle sitting in 3rd place, and in automatic promotion place.
IF the season ends now, the EFL must take into consideration that 80% of the season as been completed. It would only be right that those teams in the automatic promotion places are promoted.
:scarf:

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
End the season now. Assume 37 games played by all teams. For teams with games in hand to get to 37 played, award each the max of 3 points (or 1 point for any that play each other), doing that puts every team in its best possible position now. For league 2 that changes very little other than Swindon being named champions I think (haven't checked carefully). Can any club really argue with that? After all after 37 matches every team has had a chance to stake its claim for success; every team has had opportunity to avoid the drop. No club can argue that it has saved itself for a late surge to the top or, at the bottom, is waiting for the right moment to put a run together to get out of trouble. At this point clubs are more or less where they deserve to be. I often look at goal difference as an indicator of a team's deserved position in the league and if you look at our league placings top and bottom are reflecting that now. I accept that over another 9 games things could change but fitting in those extra games may not be easy or even possible. There are lots of what if scenarios plus arguments and counter arguments around fairness but sometimes you just have to make the best of a bad job.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
They can use whatever method they like as long as WE end up in League 1 next season.
Not biased, selfish or green tinted, of course.

Oct 31, 2015
davie nine":3gup3lls said:
They can use whatever method they like as long as WE end up in League 1 next season.
Not biased, selfish or green tinted, of course.

:funny: :funny: :scarf:

Brilliant

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Martin Thomas":14etvsmf said:
End the season now. Assume 37 games played by all teams. For teams with games in hand to get to 37 played, award each the max of 3 points (or 1 point for any that play each other), doing that puts every team in its best possible position now. For league 2 that changes very little other than Swindon being named champions I think (haven't checked carefully). Can any club really argue with that? After all after 37 matches every team has had a chance to stake its claim for success; every team has had opportunity to avoid the drop. No club can argue that it has saved itself for a late surge to the top or, at the bottom, is waiting for the right moment to put a run together to get out of trouble. At this point clubs are more or less where they deserve to be. I often look at goal difference as an indicator of a team's deserved position in the league and if you look at our league placings top and bottom are reflecting that now. I accept that over another 9 games things could change but fitting in those extra games may not be easy or even possible. There are lots of what if scenarios plus arguments and counter arguments around fairness but sometimes you just have to make the best of a bad job.

You forget that the league still haven't decided whether to dock macclesfield points for postponing our game after we had travelled.
So by my reckoning if it takes that long for a little decision like that it could be Christmas 2021 before they finally decide how to sort this mess out ! :D