Kits | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Kits

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Just seen a picture of Andy Rodgers at the Baseball Ground in 1984 in the Herald and if got me thinking in this time of boredom

1. What is Argyle proper kit colour wise? Is it different for each fan as first kit they remember seeing Argyle in ? For me I do remember the old green and white kits of the late seventies I.e. the Kemp Adidas but the one I associate with Argyle is this Beacon kit green shirts black shorts and white socks (although they wore black at derby)

2. Do you think it maybe time for a 2020s version of the Beacon Electrical/ivor Jones/national provincial kit? And if so would it feature black shorts??

I may also state I did like the Sunday independent diamond shirt of the late 80s but remember the first season with it was also with black shorts

My final thought is that I also prefer our away kit is best when it is a white reverse version of our home kit

Like I say bored but some things that I dont know the reasons why

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
The 80’s green with black pinstripe is my favourite, I think that’s the one you’re referring to.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
The present third choice black one that only had a limited run......I bet a lot of fans would like to get hold of one of those....looks good for just casual wear.

May 7, 2019
Princerock":1r03hz1k said:
The present third choice black one that only had a limited run......I bet a lot of fans would like to get hold of one of those....looks good for just casual wear.

I would have bought the black kit if more were available - I think the club missed a trick there. They could have sold a lot more 3rd strip shirts. The home kits are often too similar to buy every year, and I don't like the away kit much this year as it looks like a Magic Eye picture to me... if you squint hard enough, you can see Mickey Evans! ;)

For some unexplainable reason, I quite like the 80s kit with the green shirt, black shorts and white socks. I think it looks smart. Maybe it's nostalgia... I don't know. These kits don't always translate well to the modern era. :scarf:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
The mid 60's mayflower band kit. White at home. Green away.

Yes, I did start going regularly in that era but, even so, I think they are works of art; beautiful and unique to Argyle.
No stripes or plain shirts come close imho!!

Updated version of that? Any time you like!! :nworthy:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":209bxde9 said:
The mid 60's mayflower band kit. White at home. Green away.

Yes, I did start going regularly in that era but, even so, I think they are works of art; beautiful and unique to Argyle.
No stripes or plain shirts come close imho!!

Updated version of that? Any time you like!! :nworthy:

You mean the one that Malcolm Allison said was a copy of the Crystal Palace kit of the late fifties?

;)

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
The Palace single blue and red stripe on a white background as worn by Don Rogers (& Steve Kemp?) is a very attractive looking shirt - but is not a patch on the banded Argyle shirt of the late 60s (home or away version) which is an actual work of art.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
bringonthemilkman":3gqaqtnn said:
The Palace single blue and red stripe on a white background as worn by Don Rogers (& Steve Kemp?) is a very attractive looking shirt - but is not a patch on the banded Argyle shirt of the late 60s (home or away version) which is an actual work of art.

I think Big Mal was referring to the banded Palace shirt worn by Johnny Byrne late 50's, early 60's.

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
That 60's banded shirt is a nice shirt but it's too white for my tastes . Any Argyle kit must be predominantly green and include white and black. My fave is I think the kit during Shilton's second season? Thick green and white stripes with black shorts. Nice shade of green as well.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Bernie Bernbaum":5j9wjkyw said:
That 60's banded shirt is a nice shirt but it's too white for my tastes . Any Argyle kit must be predominantly green and include white and black. My fave is I think the kit during Shilton's second season? Thick green and white stripes with black shorts. Nice shade of green as well.

But the away banded kit was green and very nice too. I'd take a version of that as home kit with a version of your stripes as an away kit anytime. :scarf:

Palace? Who the **** are Palace? in a Chubby Brown stylee!! :lol:

Have a look at the Palace Historical kits page: started off as West Ham/Villa clones, then cloned Spurs, then put a West Ham/Villa band over a Spurs shirt for a couple of seasons.

Of course, Big Mal would have loved a West Ham kit over Palace any day of the week!!

As I said: The Mayflower banded kit is/was and shall always be uniquely Argyle!! Whatever our manager said at the time!! :scarf: