PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Link

There are so many uncertainties at the moment, that the future is even more difficult to forecast than usual. We don’t know how the virus will spread, or how long-term the effect on football will be. What I do know is that we are better-placed than most clubs to withstand the loss of revenues that comes from not being able to play our matches.

We have very little debt, and have shareholders who are willing to take whatever steps are necessary to see us through this immediate period to ensure that the club’s finances, while obviously under severe pressure, will enable us to withstand the strain without damage to our staff or suppliers.

It's good to see the directors step up to financially help the club.
As fans what can we do to help our club through this? A little extra added to the next season ticket? Buy items online from the club shop?

Jul 14, 2008
On season tickets I understand your sentiment but from memory the early bird was £395 for an adult this season. I think Argyle should think very carefully about breaking the £400 barrier which starts to sound very expensive for league 1 or 2 football, even if that means only a few quid more in reality. Maybe keep season tickets the same price as a minimum but allow fans to pay what they want above and beyond that figure?

Aug 2, 2011
I sincerely hope no one is expecting a refund on season tickets for the balance of the season.. Pretty sad really if they do. You have lost nothing so why ask for money back. in the event of a one off game during the normal season when you cannot attend because of a prior personal commitment you surely would not ask for a refund. Anyone who is thinking of doing so is a self centered non supporter.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Presto":2qiaktlf said:
I sincerely hope no one is expecting a refund on season tickets for the balance of the season.. Pretty sad really if they do. You have lost nothing so why ask for money back. in the event of a one off game during the normal season when you cannot attend because of a prior personal commitment you surely would not ask for a refund. Anyone who is thinking of doing so is a self centered non supporter.

There was someone in Fb asking. I don’t have a season ticket but would imagine there is a percentage thinking about it. At £20 a game it’s worth something to them.

On a personal note though, I’ve bought tickets for a gig in April that if cancelled I’d want my money back. Similarly I’ve got £120 plus hotels booked for Whitesnake in June that if cancelled I’d want my money back.

Interesting in that the Northcott theatre has cancelled shows and on the tv they did ask if people would not ask for refunds but to donate to the theatre.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Presto":3mr3nys8 said:

I totally agree IF you are able to take the hit. I bought very expensive tickets and I will not be asking for a refund.

However, many many people are going to be out of a job soon, and could you blame them if they did? I certainly couldn't or wouldn't.

How about thinking before posting something as mind numbingly stupid as this? I get why you said it, BUT these are very ver hard times for some and it could be about to get much much harder.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":1sk0hzmc said:
Presto":1sk0hzmc said:

I totally agree IF you are able to take the hit. I bought very expensive tickets and I will not be asking for a refund.

However, many many people are going to be out of a job soon, and could you blame them if they did? I certainly couldn't or wouldn't.

How about thinking before posting something as mind numbingly stupid as this? I get why you said it, BUT these are very ver hard times for some and it could be about to get much much harder.

:scarf:

Mar 8, 2016
We’re so lucky to have Hallett. What a legend. If the season gets cancelled then I certainly won’t want my season ticket money back. Hallett and the board are doing their bit, we as fans will need to do our bit. We’re In it together.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Mr Hallett will be reeling from the financial shock this awful virus has had on global stock markets, particularly th US market. To put out such a positive, bullish statement about Argyle shows his undoubted calibre and integrity.

Furthermore, we may count ourselves fortunate that this didn't hit us a year or two ago which may well have scuppered the plans for the redevelopment of the grand stand if it had.

Let's hope for everyone's sake the impact physically and economically is as short as possible.

Dec 3, 2005
Totaly agree with IJN - EVERY Supporter will have their own personal dilema to deal with, during the months ahead.

If they wish to ask for a refund, that is their business, and their's alone!

Why are SOME Supporters always seemingly wanting to divide the Green Army?

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
i agree also,,,, nice to see the snowflake comments have stopped on here, people chucking those around imo are the ones dividing the fan base,

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
So if I understand it correctly Presto is saying that, if you work in say the hospitality or creative or retail industries and your own livelihood is hanging by a thread, you should still forgo any refund on your ST cost?
I'm fortunate that I don't currently face the threat of my income literally disappearing but I don't begrudge those who are losing their jobs trying to put food on their tables by asking a football club for some money back

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
TCM":19i9je78 said:
i agree also,,,, nice to see the snowflake comments have stopped on here, people chucking those around imo are the ones dividing the fan base,

It really is an unfortunately puerile phrase that is perpetuated by the likes of Piers Morgan then echoed by his legion of mouthpieces to trivialise any situation.
Not sure those with loved ones in high risk groups have appreciated the 'you're a snowflake cos you want to cancel football' comments

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
How can anyone ask for money back ?
The season is postponed not cancelled until the season is voided then there is nothing to refund. Argyle will validate the tickets against games if and when they are played

If season is voided I would imagine there will e some sort of discount scheme offered against a new season ticket although this may lead to reduced tickets being taken up if fans dont think the discount is worth losing money on in another unforeseen event happeing like this

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
edengreen":j73pxrlb said:
How can anyone ask for money back ?
The season is postponed not cancelled until the season is voided then there is nothing to refund. Argyle will validate the tickets against games if and when they are played

If season is voided I would imagine there will e some sort of discount scheme offered against a new season ticket although this may lead to reduced tickets being taken up if fans dont think the discount is worth losing money on in another unforeseen event happeing like this

I only mentioned it because someone on Argyle’s fb page asked if was an option. No narrative from me as to whether there should or should not be.

My only thought personally is that I am waiting for confirmation of two gigs which if cancelled I’ll certainly ask for a refund. If I was to narrate from a perspective of Argyle I don’t think I would. Hard to say as I haven’t bought a ticket but I think I’m more invested in worrying about Argyle’s financial well-being than The Princess Theatre in Torquay or the Motorpoint arena in Cardiff.

There’s is also a continued worry about what playing staff we could have to complete the season and at what level we’ll be playing next season. All these things should be secondary to the ongoing CV19 crisis but as yet I’m not (apart from football) seeing any concrete evidence of how bad it is or how bad it is likely to get. There’s a worry but no more as as yet I don’t know if anyone that has been afflicted.