Plymouth Argyle News Updates - Week 1 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle News Updates - Week 1

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Thursday 19 March

Former Argyle right-back Joe Riley says he would like to stay at Mansfield Town ...
"I am only here until the end of the season but I am open to staying as I really like the gaffer, I like the coaching staff, the players and the set-up here. The main thing for me is that my family are happy. They seem to be happy here.
“The distance to away games is a bonus compared with Plymouth. Location-wise this is perfect for me.
“Every manager is different. Training is quite hard here. But it's enjoyable. The gaffer wants us to show desire and to be honest, that's something I probably am as well.”
Current Argyle directors:
Simon Hallett 
Tony Wrathall 
Richard Holliday 
John Morgan
Jane Chafer
Paul Berne
Andrew Parkinson and CEO
Trevor East
In addition - Neil Dewsnip as Director of Football.

Antoni Sarcevic talks about his gesture to help a neighbour .... club website

From the Terrace Store

The EFL release a new statement and now postpone the season until 30 April ... EFL

Youngster Jarvis Cleal recieves apprentice recognition ... club website

Ryan Lowe issues a message to the fans ... club website

Football fix: Classic game 2004 Argyle 2 - 0 QPR match highlights .... You Tube

Wednesday 18 March

The EFL Board meet today to discuss the future of this season.

A host of football governing bodies around Europe have committed to finish domestic leagues by 30 June 2020 should the pandemic situation improve.

The club offer iFollow for free to re-live the matches from this season .... club website

Argyle owner Simon Hallett issues a statement ... club website
We have very little debt, and have shareholders who are willing to take whatever steps are necessary to see us through this immediate period to ensure that the club’s finances, while obviously under severe pressure, will enable us to withstand the strain without damage to our staff or suppliers.

The EFL will help League One and League Two clubs with a ÂŁ50 million fund and announce the intention to finish the 2019/2020 season .... EFL

Tuesday 17 March

Former EFL Chief Executive Shaun Harvey believes a solution can be found to finish the season ....
"I think that it’s clear, if there is one decision that could be made and announced this week, that is – whenever we start playing football again, we are going to finish the season.
“If that statement is made by the football governing bodies, any conversations about what would you do in the event the season doesn’t finish – whether it be promotion or relegation – goes.
“Actually, we can all start to look forward to how we get over this set of circumstances, rather than trying to analyse so many different things inside it that it becomes completely clouded.
“If that decision can be made, and everyone is behind it, then I think that will be the next step on the journey to actually finding a solution.”
Dylan Connolly's goal for Bradford City against Argyle in February has been nominated as League Two Goal of the Month.

Sky and BTSport have both announced refunds will not be given on subscriptions. Customers had requested refunds due to the lack of live sport.

The Euro 2020 tournament is postponed until June 2021.

Oldham Athletic face a winding up petition in the High court on Wednesday.

Argyle announce an eSports team ... club website

The club announce further postponements; the end of season awards dinner, the golf day and the Pioneers matchday experience will all be rescheduled ... club website

Championship clubs are unanimously behind trying to complete the season despite the coronavirus outbreak. At a video conference meeting held today all 24 second tier clubs supported a move to finish the season.

Macclesfield have their points deduction punishment reduced following an appeal ... Link

Football fix: Argyle 1 - 0 Colchester match highlights ...You Tube

Monday 16 March

EFL statement

The Argyle ladies suspend all games .... club website

Former Argyle loan player Andy Kellett, now at Alfreton Town, talks about his surprise move to Manchester United .... Link

The club announce postponements and rescheduling of the ABBA and Gary Barlow tribute concerts and the Question of Sport night .... club website

The Green Taverners release a statement .... Link
For now, we are open for business as usual and are following the guidelines set out by our government.

Sunday 15 March

The club have said further guidance on match tickets and refunds will be available in due course. It is the club’s intention that tickets held for rearranged fixtures will remain valid.

It has been estimated League One and Two clubs will lose between ÂŁ300,000 and ÂŁ400,000 each due to having games postponed until April 3.

Saturday 14 March

The Argyle team coach reached as far as Gloucester services on the M5 on the way to Morecambe on Friday before the news arrived that the season had been suspended.
The players will be away from the club for at least a week and have individual training plans to keep up fitness levels. Some players will remain in Plymouth while others will be with their families elsewhere in the country.

Young striker Rubin Wilson has joined Plymouth Parkway on work experience. Parkway's home game today has been postponed with the next home game not scheduled until 28 March.

A reminder that the club superstore and ticket office are both closed to in-person visitors but the superstore remains open online and orders can be done via telephone, ticket sales are suspended although enquiries can be made by phone 01752 907700.

Exeter City chairman Julian Tagg spoke about the postponed Devon Derby ....
Speaking to the guys down there at Argyle that I know very well, there would have been an 18,000 sell-out.
“The atmosphere would have been something to behold. It would have been on the TV.
“So that’s disappointing for everyone – for our fans and the Argyle fans – at what would have been I think a great spectacle.
“Both teams playing particularly well and vying for promotion.
“Where does that leave us? That’s probably the unanswered question at this point.
“Everybody is desperate and determined and will do everything they can to get the season completed.”
On this day in 1984 Argyle reached the FA Cup semi-final after winning 1-0 at Derby County with Andy Rogers scoring directly from a corner.

Football fix: Crewe 0 - 3 Argyle match highlights .... You Tube

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
The Kellett story is typical of the way the media can misrepresent the facts.

Kellett couldn't get near the first team at struggling Bolton but had done well on loan at lowly Argyle.

Man United U-21 team were managed by someone who happened to know him and they were short of left-sided defenders, so they took Kellett on a short-term contract when he had been due to return to Argyle. What is conveniently overlooked is that in most U-21 games, he was on the bench.

There was never the remotest possibility of him playing a first team game at Old Trafford, but why let that little fact get in the way of a story.

If he had actually come back to Argyle, perhaps he might have had a better and longer career instead of just being the subject of quirky stories about being 'nutmegged' by De Maria on the training ground to fill column space.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
But that goal at Northampton :nworthy:

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
justanotherfan":33r05jgk said:
Yes, I was there behind the goal that day, it was a fantastic bit of skill.

It was probably the nearest you will see of an Argyle version of Maradona’s second goal against England in 1986. Didn’t start on the halfway line but a mazy dribble from wide on the left and they couldn’t get a tackle on him.

Sep 6, 2006
demportdave":3mltkiyk said:
justanotherfan":3mltkiyk said:
Yes, I was there behind the goal that day, it was a fantastic bit of skill.

It was probably the nearest you will see of an Argyle version of Maradona’s second goal against England in 1986. Didn’t start on the halfway line but a mazy dribble from wide on the left and they couldn’t get a tackle on him.

Pretty sure Hardie's recent goal at Salford started near half way line.

Aug 2, 2011
demportdave":229yocgu said:
The Kellett story is typical of the way the media can misrepresent the facts.

Kellett couldn't get near the first team at struggling Bolton but had done well on loan at lowly Argyle.

Man United U-21 team were managed by someone who happened to know him and they were short of left-sided defenders, so they took Kellett on a short-term contract when he had been due to return to Argyle. What is conveniently overlooked is that in most U-21 games, he was on the bench.

There was never the remotest possibility of him playing a first team game at Old Trafford, but why let that little fact get in the way of a story.

If he had actually come back to Argyle, perhaps he might have had a better and longer career instead of just being the subject of quirky stories about being 'nutmegged' by De Maria on the training ground to fill column space.

Yep, yet another example of the media twisting and massaging facts and information. Not limited to the Erald but not sure their journalists are bright enough given the grammatical rubbish it produces.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Now we have Shaun Harvey's opinion, the man who did nothing for the EFL except bring B teams into the JPT, made the league more dependent on the PL and ignore the fans when they asked for greater controls of owners.

Given his way to get a decision through was to manipulate and split the opposition he needs to be as far away from this as possible.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I can’t help feeling that the remainder of the season, if it ever gets played, will end up being something of a lottery especially for teams at the top and bottom of the tables. With such a potentially long gap between the last games played and the resumption of hostilities there’s inevitably going to be some slow starters who’ve lost momentum which will throw everything up in the air. Odds-on certainties for promotion may not look quite solid after 3 or 4 games of what is almost going to feel like a mini-season in its own right. :think:

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Sky are allowing you to 'pause' your Sports subscription. But what they really mean is that you have the chance to cancel (fee free) but then have to renegotiate any deal when you want to resume the service again.

At the moment you can't do it online and all phones are saying high call volumes and ringing off but may be worth it for some.