Does Anybody know who this ex Argyle player was. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Does Anybody know who this ex Argyle player was.

Jan 11, 2016
This couldn't be a question about an ex Argyle player who played in a Silver Band at both grounds on the same day could it? Those were the days - throwing pennies into the blanket as it went round the touchline!

fitz

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 28, 2006
Dubai UAE
I watched both those games.
I think it was Easter Monday 69
Torquay vs Luton
Argyle vs Birmingham. (2-2)

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
It was Dave Roberts. His brothers played locally for Devon TA.
Dave played in a band at Plainmoor in the morning at Christmas time, and I believe he actually played for Argyle in the afternoon. Perhaps someone will know Whether that is a fact.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
During the period Dave Roberts played in the first team - 61-62, 62-63 and 63-64 - neither he nor Argyle played against Birmingham.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
plymouthboyuk":4zmijf3l said:
Dave played in a band at Plainmoor in the morning at Christmas time, and I believe he actually played for Argyle in the afternoon. Perhaps someone will know Whether that is a fact.
Dave Roberts played just 12 games for Argyle over 3 years. The only Christmas fixture he played in was on 30th December 1961 against Norwich City with a 3.15pm kick off. Now you just have to confirm that the band was at Plainmoor that morning. :)

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Keepitgreen":31qahp6l said:
plymouthboyuk":31qahp6l said:
Dave Roberts played just 12 games for Argyle over 3 years. The only Christmas fixture he played in was on 30th December 1961 against Norwich City with a 3.15pm kick off. Now you just have to confirm that the band was at Plainmoor that morning. :)
I think that was his debut, up against the wily old Bill Punton. I'm not sure that Ellis Stuttard would have allowed him out of Plymouth on a match day. However, they were different days.

Bovey Green lady

🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
Don't remember Dave being in a band, but his Brother played in the Devon and Dorset's TA Band (and sounded Last Post at my Father's funeral)along with a cousin of mine who was the Band Sergeant .