What/who comes to your mind when you see this photo? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

What/who comes to your mind when you see this photo?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
o88XiBS.jpg

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
England v Poland under 21’s match. Thought I’d see what the Barn Park end was like. Shithole was the conclusion.

Jul 24, 2016
Argyle 3 Port Vale 2 springs to mind, both battling to avoid the drop to fourth tier....was in Malcolm Allison’s second period with the club so must be around April 1978.

For some reason the Devonport end was shut so we were relocated to the Barn Park end, this was the only time I ever stood there.

Remember going a goal down early doors and Fred Binney scoring two with one finished off with a thrust of the groin on the goal line. My mate still refers to this as the goal ‘knobbed in by Fred.

D

Darren Stoneman

Jumpers for goal posts and flipping cheap tickets!

Aug 4, 2011
Weirdly I was looking through the Argyle ground through the ages book I had in the loft today and stopped on this picture.

Will never forget the Barnsley cup game early 90's, 2-2 draw. Barnsley brought a right mob down and back then away fans used to get held back, before being walked through the corner of the ground to their right and then through the lyndhurst and back to their coaches.
For this game, the Barnsley fans ignored the tannoy and spilled down to the entrance, one lad somehow snake hipped his way out. Looking at the railings on the gate I have no idea how (or why) but he did

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Meeting my Man City supporting mate outside here after Argyle came back from 0 -2 down at HT to win 3-2 at FT.

Great memories

COYG

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
twist of lime":30t21ibb said:
Meeting my Man City supporting mate outside here after Argyle came back from 0 -2 down at HT to win 3-2 at FT.

Great memories

COYG

Thanks to the great Stuart Evans !! :D

Aug 8, 2013
Being able to walk all round the inside of the ground.
Before we were old enough to dare to venture into the
Devonport End, we used to stand behind the goal at the
Barn Park End or on the sleepers on the Spion Kop, depending
on which goal Argyle were attacking.

74-75 was our first season in the Devonport. Aaaahh.....

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Great photo, Ian, thanks!
If it’s a decent resolution I’d love to have that framed.

It reminds me of going to Argyle with my dad when I was a kid. He would park in Peverell for a “quick getaway.” I remember the excitement of walking up through the summer park for the pre-season friendlies and then seeing the numbers grow as the season started. We’d stand in the BPE (in the days before segregation) and I would often stand or sit on the concrete base of the floodlights. I remember leaning against the fence at the back eating the blackberries that grew over and through it in early September, picking up conkers on the way up in the autumn, and then in the winter months huddling next to the tea hut clutching a cup of bovril. Happy days indeed.