The FA has expunged all grass roots results for 2019/20. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The FA has expunged all grass roots results for 2019/20.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
All leagues below National Leagues including grass roots and ladies have been deferred to the 2020/21 season.

Is this a precursor to the EPL and EFL going the same way?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":23nxsn4x said:
All leagues below National Leagues including grass roots and ladies have been deferred to the 2020/21 season.

Until we know when we can restart, it is difficult for them to make any decision. I expect the current season to be completed but there must come a point where the logistics make that harder. We will come to the point where pitches will need to be relayed and it is the seasons and the weather that dictates when this can be done. We can't play games and carry out these projects at the same time.

May 8, 2011
Must be terribly disappointing for Paul Wotton to be denied promotion in his first year as a manager.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
A sensible decision to abandon the season needs to be made sooner rather than later.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
IJN":76nw01dv said:
I know exactly the way your mind is working. :lol:

:whistle:

Yes, it will be a shame for the teams that won’t win leagues when they might have done.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Lundan Cabbie":ju7zli9o said:
IJN":ju7zli9o said:

Until we know when we can restart, it is difficult for them to make any decision. I expect the current season to be completed but there must come a point where the logistics make that harder. We will come to the point where pitches will need to be relayed and it is the seasons and the weather that dictates when this can be done. We can't play games and carry out these projects at the same time.

Why not Newport have been doing it for year’s :greensmile:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":1yrelun8 said:
Must be terribly disappointing for Paul Wotton to be denied promotion in his first year as a manager.

I guess, technically next season will now be his first season as a manager

Jun 27, 2019
It's much easier to cancel grassroots football because the consequences from the FA's perspective will be incredibly low-risk. But imagine telling Liverpool they haven't won their first title in 30 years, or that Man Utd haven't qualified for the Champions League or that Leeds have to miss out on £100m of Premier League TV money. The financial and legal ramifications would be significant.

They'll wait as long as they can, and don't forget we're still only in March. If they have to cram nine matchdays into June and July, for example, then that shouldn't be too logistically difficult. Next season would have to start later, but who cares about next season; a ball hasn't yet been kicked in that campaign. Binning all cup competitions in 2020-21 should enable leagues to squeeze a regular season into Sept-May - allowing for a pre-season (contract renewals, transfer window, pitch relaying, kit releases, season ticket renewals etc) of August-early Sept.

Obviously if the current restrictions are still in place by late June (which matches up with the government's 12-week 'turning the tide' period), then the null-and-void card may have to be played, but we're still way off that stage.

Edit: As the post above mine has illustrated, if South Shields are considering legal action then just imagine Liverpool, Man Utd, Leeds, West Brom, Portsmouth, Coventry etc getting their lawyers involved. It would be total carnage and could take the FA under.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Liverpool, Leeds and South Shields etc haven’t won anything yet.

As for taking legal action there is the little loophole in FA rules that all clubs have signed up to that says if you bring legal action against the FA then your membership is immediately removed. Without FA membership a club can’t compete in any FA approved competition.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Lundan Cabbie":2vr2kpj4 said:

As for taking legal action there is the little loophole in FA rules that all clubs have signed up to that says if you bring legal action against the FA then your membership is immediately removed. Without FA membership a club can’t compete in any FA approved competition.

As I commented in the thread in the Football Forum, Jersey Bulls have won all 27 games this season and they HAVE been promoted already, except now they won't be. South Shields have a 13 point lead in their league.

Jun 27, 2019
Lundan Cabbie":4xsrodne said:

I'll look forward to the FA booting some of the world's biggest, richest and most powerful clubs out of the league then. Though I have a feeling I'll be waiting a very long time.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Argylegames":3dpcawtf said:
Lundan Cabbie":3dpcawtf said:

As I commented in the thread in the Football Forum, Jersey Bulls have won all 27 games this season and they HAVE been promoted already, except now they won't be. South Shields have a 13 point lead in their league.

I admit, you do have to feel for them. What does the rules for promotion from that division say...…

"Rules allow up to three teams to be promoted and relegated between the two divisions; promotion is dependent on the clubs finishing in the top three of Division One having the correct ground-grading."

That one word haunts them.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Thinking ahead.....

If the current season is declared null and void, do Manchester City become the only team to win something seeing as the League Cup is done and dusted?