✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
E*eter 4 v Argyle 0 this season. We were woeful and the more they scored the louder their fans got. Humiliating.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Newport away Boxing Day 2014. 2-0 defeat in an open terrace with rain pouring down like I’ve never seen.

Wycombe away in the play offs is up there as well, got there late and heard the Wycombe fans celebrating their first goal as I was walking through the turnstile, should have turned back round!

Mar 22, 2020
Any Tuesday evening home match under previous regime. Virtuality every game followed the same pattern. We'd start well and end up camped on our own box trying not to lose the match. We usually did

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
0-5 at the dump Twerton Park.

I walked at 0-3 and went down to get the car, came back in, my mates still didn't want to go, but thought about it at 0-4 and it was mass exodus at 0-5. I knew the game was going to end that bad.

We were back on the M5 when we heard the draw. We got Liverpool away. :facepalm:

The 1-5 at Accrington was as bad, as the players came on the pitch you could see what was going to happen. Like rabbits in the headlights.

There's more, far more, but those two really stick out for me.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
York 2 Argyle 0 (2013).

May seem a random one to some but it sticks in my mind as being perhaps the most inept Argyle performance I've ever witnessed, against a very poor York side who had just been 16 games without winning. I think it was made even worse because we'd beaten Exeter at home a couple of days before and it served as a huge anticlimax.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Balham_Green":xgab27qj said:
I conveniently forget most. Obviously Wembley 2016. More recently Colchester away. We were so bad.
Colchester was bad I agree but I have been to far worse, Colchester had as much of an on day as we had an off day I thought.
The Wembley no show was probably the biggest anti climax.
As an 11 year old I remember my first experience of relegation. I can't remember the opponents but felt stunned at the end as relegation was confirmed on the final day. After a diet of playing Saints, Wolves, Man City, Coventry and co during my first two seasons following Argyle it dawned on me that the following season would be the likes of Crewe about to be promoted from the 4th tier. We actually played them in the opening game the next season and drew 2-2.

Feb 25, 2008
Is it too obvious (for people in my generation) to say Blackburn '92 and Burnley '94?

Beyond those end-of-days showdowns, making the effort to get out of London to Vicarage Park in '10 and watch an inept Watford beat an even worse Argyle was also a Saturday I won't get back.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
December '85. Elm Park, Reading. We were 3-0 up in the second half and lost 4-3. I was so shell shocked that I left just before the end (I'd never done that before or since). As a result I missed Gordon Nisbett being sent off in the last minute. I still have the occasional nightmare. :sad:

Caribou

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jan 4, 2011
Gloucestershire
Green Painter":ps2nfee1 said:
Any Tuesday evening home match under previous regime. Virtuality every game followed the same pattern. We'd start well and end up camped on our own box trying not to lose the match. We usually did

Hahaha.

Orient at home, Tuesday evening Feb 2017 - the ballboy game. I live away from westcountry now, but was on half term holiday in south Devon that week. Had secured pass to go to Exeter game on the Saturday where we won 3-0, and it made me so happy I was allowed to go to the Tuesday night game that followed. Sarce had a pee in the tunnel, we staggered to 2-1 up with what, 5 minutes to go and then with Orient camped in our half the bloke next to me leaned in and said “typical Argyle , we’re going to draw this, aren’t we?” I nodded sagely, and of course Orient got another 2 goals and we lost. Horrible.

Actually, do I wish I hadn’t been? Not a bit of it. If we won every game, I might as well support a Man U or a Chelsea - and who would want that?

Caribou

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jan 4, 2011
Gloucestershire
smithy1902":3ord49oq said:
Is it too obvious (for people in my generation) to say Blackburn '92 and Burnley '94?

Beyond those end-of-days showdowns, making the effort to get out of London to Vicarage Park in '10 and watch an inept Watford beat an even worse Argyle was also a Saturday I won't get back.

Blackburn ‘92 - now that one really hurt. Can see the Smith goal for 1-0 now; the rest is a blur.

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
Surprised no one has mentioned THAT Accrington game last season. I walked when they scored their fourth and was home before the match finished. There were also a glut of pathetic 3-4 goal defeats in Holloway’s era which get swept under the carpet of nostalgia. Away to Preston, Birmingham and Burnley all spring to mind. Burnley was especially crap. Again, i left when the fourth went in. And against the same team, I’ve never been more disappointed with an Argyle performance than when they beat us in the play off semis at home. A very dark day. Wish I’d stayed at home for all of them.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Kentishgreen":3qfsoakz said:
December 1968 home to the mighty Southport! We lost 0-4. Fortunately the cat was out when I got home.

I remember it still vividly; the match that taught me never to approach a game assuming it would be an easy win.....
....and also that the Devonport End wasn’t a fortress where only we scored.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
smithy1902":2guys0pm said:

Yes indeed; only the other day I met a Blackburn fan & I was soon exorcising “ Speedie was an annoying little twit !” ......which he might have been, but the reality was he was bloody good that day.

A Blackburn connection, for me, also with that Watford match. When Alan Judge came on, the job for Watford was complete as they had already scored the single goal that we were never going to match. A smug Watford mate texted me “ Who’s yer hobbit?” He knew they were safe & didn’t give a “toss” that we were clearly doomed !
Paul Mariner met a few of us PASALBS the evening before & promised us there would not be a repeat of the horror show at QPR a few weeks previously. Well-intentioned, but immediately proved wrong! Dark days !