Finishing 19/20 and 20/21 seasons | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Finishing 19/20 and 20/21 seasons

Feb 4, 2020
Reading today's Sunday front pages, it seems Lockdown will need to continue until possibly early June (thanks to China's 'gift' to the Western World).

Football is not important at this time...we are all terrified for loved ones...healthwise, emotionally and financially...so please do not think I am being uncaring by considering the Football recovery phase.. (indeed I am still required to work 6 days a week in my frontline railway job).

But I propose ..
a 19/20 Season continue late June~July into August (all player contracts automatically extended until completion of season)
b 20/21 season start beginning of Oct until early May 2021 (to allow for Euros)...so roughly 30 weeks..so all teams playing most midweeks (same for all)
c NO Cup competitions or Playoffs in 19/20 or in 20/21. (Problem here is top Premier clubs and European games but Premier League play less domestic games than EFL)

Anyway 'food for thought'.

Stay safe in these terrible times.

Oct 31, 2015
Not sure the season can go past June tbh because of contracts. I was reading that it's almost likely to be behind closed doors and 3 matches a week to beat the contracts running out.

Obviously our present from the far East comes first

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I suppose the contracts situation will come down to the goodwill of the agents. So no hope there then!!