Pitch being relaid | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Pitch being relaid

Aug 17, 2005
As it says on the can reports on facebook plymouth argyle free chat of pitch being relaid with photos

May 8, 2011
Also doing quite a lot of work on the Harper Park pitches.

Can’t be expecting any players back for a few weeks.

Oct 31, 2015
Well there we go then. At least no football for 6-8 weeks. That definitely takes us into mid June and near the contracts ending. ND had probably hit the nail on the head yesterday.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
No surprise it was made pretty clear on the Fans Forum I thought that there will be no football for weeks or probably longer

Just to reaffirm the point Italian clubs are hoping to resume training May 18th Football there was suspended on March 9th so if games there start at end May, games here would not be played before June.

Still not expecting League 2 to be completed myself.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Crowdfunder money being well spent I’d say.

Jun 27, 2019
rsp4":29csult8 said:
Well there we go then. At least no football for 6-8 weeks. That definitely takes us into mid June and near the contracts ending. ND had probably hit the nail on the head yesterday.

It's a bit odd that they didn't mention this during the forum. They all seemed pretty sure we wouldn't be playing football again any time soon, but you would have thought one of them would have thrown in this news. It's pretty significant in terms of our chances of finishing the season - which now look almost zero.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Dorset Pilgrim":35xf0luh said:
Daz":35xf0luh said:
Crowdfunder money being well spent I’d say.

On the face of it this is an unnecessary expense at a time of uncertainty? :facepalm:

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I find it incredible that we are asking fans to donate money to support the club and are then spending it on the fu””ing grass when we have the best pitch in the league.

Mar 29, 2020
I agree it seems a little daft to spend money at the moment...unless someone has donated the cash for free.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Kersie":2pvwg8bt said:
I agree it seems a little daft to spend money at the moment...unless someone has donated the cash for free.

That would make no difference to me. Pay your staff first and then spend money on luxuries and also don’t ask for donations to prop up your business.

I really can’t understand why they would throw money at the pitch.

Jun 27, 2019
Daz":qq2zlj7g said:
Kersie":qq2zlj7g said:

That would make no difference to me. Pay your staff first and then spend money on luxuries and also don’t ask for donations to prop up your business.

I really can’t understand why they would throw money at the pitch.

Is it a luxury though? Without grass we can't fulfill our main reason for being - even if that is restricted at the moment.

I take your point about the staff, but if the pitch isn't looked after then it might cost a lot more to sort out when we finally get round to playing again. They can't exactly furlough the pitch.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Boris Johnson has warned that the UK is at the point of "maximum risk" with regard to the coronavirus, in his first public remarks since recovering from the virus.

Johnson said he would not "throw away the sacrifice of the British people" by easing lockdown restrictions too quickly.

"I know it is tough. I want to get the economy moving as fast as I can," he said.

"But I refuse to throw away the sacrifice of the British people ... and risk a second peak."

No end in sight for lockdown. Pitch won't be used before June at earliest and more likely to be later in year than that.