✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
With all hard copies of Russell Moore's book Home Park, Plymouth - A Pictorial History sold out Russell has kindly given permission for PAHA to upload the book on to the Archive website so that all fans can view it. The first chapter is available now and it is hoped other chapters will be added weekly. Follow the link below and enjoy.

The Argyle Archive

49829547187_389a4d427d_c.jpg

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
What an amazing book and how wonderful it is for it to be open for all to view in this way. I've heard of this book but never seen it before - flicking through chapter 1 it's clearly an utterly fascinating historical record not just of the club/ground but of the whole period and local area more generally.

Oct 31, 2015
Brilliant, thanks very much to Russell for allowing this. If there was a re run on prints I would be buying..

:scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Matt congratulations on the layout, superb. :clap:

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
It's a book I dont look at often. Not because I dont like but because I don't want the feeling of joy and fascination learning of the history of our club and its home to wane.

My brother, my cousin and I all recieved it on the boxing day the year it came out. All the extended family were there but we might as well have been in a different hemisphere because we were so engrossed in the book.

A quick "bump" for this topic to let you know that we have uploaded Chapter 5 of Home Park, Plymouth - A pictorial history.

PAHA are also grateful to IJN and PASOTI for a digital copy and colourised version of the oldest known Argyle FC team photo from 1899 to include in our seasons archive. We will be adding more pages as we upload more programmes, handbooks and other items from our collection.

I am pleased to say that we have also added a previously unpublished essay by Michael Foot on his pre-war Argyle heroes in which he describes the Argyle players as "Olympian gods". I am sure many of you will know what a way with words Michael had, and it really is quite a special piece which has never been seen before. :scarf:

Finally, PAHA are dedicated to preserving Argyle History, and we are always looking to add items to our collection. In particular we are looking for a number of programmes to complete our set, and you can find the current list here:

Programme List

We hope you will all enjoy - and with luck there will be more handbooks, programmes and history to come over the next week or so.

Michael Foot
1898/99
Home Park

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
I have this book and it's truly an amazing read and the photographs are second to none.
I'll buy the 2nd Edition if it comes out.