Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It goes without saying this isn't that important, but it would be nice to see Argyle and Home Park emerging even smarter after this crisis, though it now looks pretty good already.

I'd like to see....

1) replacement of the 'Plymouth Argyle welcomes you to Home Park' signage on the Devonport End with branding that matches the grandstand. As this is what you see on Outland Road, it would be nice for it to look really impressive.

2) external signage on the top of Zoo Corner that you can see when approaching through Central Park.

3) a scoreboard :greensmile:

4) that bleddy Grandstand/Devonport corner cleaned up :lol:

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
I agree, the main thing for me is 'that corner' how ugly it currently is. Something needs to be done as it ruins the appearance,

Some may agree or disagree but something else that really bugs me is the state of all of the faded seats in the horse shoe, theyre completely faded to a light green colour from the weather and looks cheap And tacky now in my opinion And doesn't match the lovely nice new shiney seats of the mayflower. They're nearly 20 years old now!! Would it really cost that much to replace them all!?!? Needs doing badly!!

I think a scoreboard is also necessary, maybe put it in 'that corner'!!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
It really bugs me that when the old facade was repaired and re-painted, the BACK of the facade was not also tidied up. There are lots of positions where you can see the top of the back of the facade (including where I sit for games!) and it looks so untidy and unfinished as it is. This could be done as part of a general clear/clean up of the corner between the Grandstand and the Devonport End.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
If the club aims to get to the Championship in due course, the club shop needs to be made far bigger. It gets ridiculously crowded on match days and that in itself probably leads to lost revenue from people just not bothering. Apologies if this has already been proposed by the club.
:scarf:

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
If I recall correctly, I believe James Brent was keen on the idea of adding/incorporating some sort of ‘local’ feature to the proposed new grandstand which someone suggested. Whilst I appreciate we ended up with a refurb instead of new build, is there still scope to do something eye-catching eg something like the ship on the old Drake Cinema but fashioned into a Mayflower replica for the ‘Bobbys Garden’ area? (I think the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have something similar in their stadium which fires an actual broadside when they score a touchdown!! That may be taking things a little far and would probably trigger a few coronaries in the Mayflower! :lol: ).

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Devongreenowl":3ja6qdqv said:
If the club aims to get to the Championship in due course, the club shop needs to be made far bigger. It gets ridiculously crowded on match days and that in itself probably leads to lost revenue from people just not bothering. Apologies if this has already been proposed by the club.

I reckon a long-term plan could be to have the current club shop as a 'gift' shop or reception area, and a bigger shop built on HHP land that Simon Hallett bought. Maybe next to the ice rink.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Emeraldinho":oddxjr2f said:
If I recall correctly, I believe James Brent was keen on the idea of adding/incorporating some sort of ‘local’ feature to the proposed new grandstand which someone suggested. Whilst I appreciate we ended up with a refurb instead of new build, is there still scope to do something eye-catching eg something like the ship on the old Drake Cinema but fashioned into a Mayflower replica for the ‘Bobbys Garden’ area? (I think the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have something similar in their stadium which fires an actual broadside when they score a touchdown!! That may be taking things a little far and would probably trigger a few coronaries in the Mayflower! :lol: ).

the-buccaneer-ship-inside.jpg

:shocked:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Biggs":3unvn246 said:
Devongreenowl":3unvn246 said:

I reckon a long-term plan could be to have the current club shop as a 'gift' shop or reception area, and a bigger shop built on HHP land that Simon Hallett bought. Maybe next to the ice rink.

They could incorporate the ticket office and superstore into one open plan building. Have seen that before. It’s claustrophobic at times in the current (very smart, but small) shop

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Biggs":1enp13lg said:
Emeraldinho":1enp13lg said:

I want us to have one of these.

Jun 27, 2019
I can't remember the exact wording, but I'm pretty sure either Andrew Parkinson or Simon Hallett (or both) mentioned during the virtual forum that plans were in place to install a scoreboard.

As for the shop, I 100% agree with it being far too small. It was an inconvenience before but it'll be a health hazard when crowds are finally allowed back into grounds - social distancing in there will be completely impossible.

Jun 27, 2019
Ross":1fm1lopl said:
I dont get this fascination with having a score board. Who will it benefit?

1. Argyle could sell advertising on it, making it another valuable revenue stream
2. It would make the club more accessible to supporters with hearing problems
3. The club could display birthday messages for fans, thereby increasing supporter engagement and goodwill
4. It'd be good to see the team lineups throughout the match, particularly of the away team.

That enough benefits? There are probably more.

Perhaps it shouldn't be called a scoreboard, as that only brings out the numpties who question why you need to know the score when you're at the game. We aren't living in the 1980s any more.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
The Doctor":kjxqopa8 said:
Biggs":kjxqopa8 said:
Emeraldinho":kjxqopa8 said:

Something along those lines, but obviously a little smaller(!), would look absolutely stunning! HP would be absolutely unique :thumbup:

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Emeraldinho":3g6ctsc8 said:
The Doctor":3g6ctsc8 said:
Biggs":3g6ctsc8 said:
Emeraldinho":3g6ctsc8 said:

Something along those lines, but obviously a little smaller(!), would look absolutely stunning! HP would be absolutely unique :thumbup:
Raymond James Stadium, Tampa. I’ve been there a couple times and saw Carlos Valderama playing for the old Tampa Bay Mutiny, he was still class at 38.

I don’t know where to get an old Galleon but we have got about a dozen or so redundant Nuclear Submarines in the Dockyard. Perhaps we could put one of those in the corner of the Devonport End. We could even rig up a transformer to use the un-spent fuel in the Reactor to help keep the energy bills down.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
WoodsyGreen":10et9w57 said:
Ross":10et9w57 said:
I dont get this fascination with having a score board. Who will it benefit?

1. Argyle could sell advertising on it, making it another valuable revenue stream
2. It would make the club more accessible to supporters with hearing problems
3. The club could display birthday messages for fans, thereby increasing supporter engagement and goodwill
4. It'd be good to see the team lineups throughout the match, particularly of the away team.

That enough benefits? There are probably more.

Perhaps it shouldn't be called a scoreboard, as that only brings out the numpties who question why you need to know the score when you're at the game. We aren't living in the 1980s any more.

They show immediate replays of missed chances/great saves etc. Would love to have seen that Crewe miss immediately afterwards, so we could laugh some more! :funny: