✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52679614

League 2 clubs vote to end season now.

League 1 meet again on Monday after no agreement

League Two's season has been brought to an early conclusion following discussions between clubs and the English Football League.

The final table will be decided using a points-per-game method, but promotion and relegation has yet to be finalised.

There are still plans for the play-offs to take place as usual, with two-legged semi-finals and then a final.

Meanwhile, teams in League One will have to meet again on Monday after failing to come to an agreement.

On Thursday, six third-tier clubs had said they were determined to complete their remaining fixtures.

More to follow.

LipsonJock

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 8, 2013
:scarf:
:scarf: :scarf:

Flagman

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 16, 2003
Leixlip, Co. Kildare, Ireland
If plans are in place for play-offs to happen, then you'd imagine automatic promotion is also a given.

I'd like to be the first to say THE GREENS ARE GOING UP, NOW YOU GOTTA BELIEVE US, THE GREENS ARE GOING UP! :greensmile:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Looks like our 'friends' up the A38 will need to go to a neutral venue for a playoff again.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The fat lady is still making her way to the stage. My beer will remain in the cooler until it's official.

Jul 24, 2009
Keepitgreen":13ib65v8 said:
The fat lady is still making her way to the stage. My beer will remain in the cooler until it's official.
Likewise but a big step forward.

Promotion & relegation is by definition completely interlinked between the leagues so it makes sense that that needs to be finalised together and the other leagues are still working out whether to play the remaining games and if so how.

The idea of no promotions and relegations has already been effectively vetoed by the FA as I understand it, and the wish to play the play-offs point to the expectation that they will take place.

That said I will celebrate when all is completed. Still scope for a few twists and turns.