✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Plymouth Parkway have just released 3 videos on YouTube detailing a bit of history with the cameras filming throughout the current/last season. I watched the first two last night and thoroughly enjoyed them. Whether you're a fan of non league footy or a fan of local football, it's a good watch. The first episode is here:

Plymouth Parkway "Round Our Way - link

Jul 14, 2008
Cheers for posting this. Just watched the first one and it was a really good watch - very professionally made too.

Oct 10, 2012
A very good documentary well worth the watch. I do feel the chairman who has put a lot of work and money into that club and through no fault of their own will be spending another season in the Western League.

That being said, with the size of their budget they should have been running away with the league. Great to see Tavistock show what can be done on a much lesser budget.

Jun 27, 2019
Have just watched all the episodes after seeing it mentioned on the Herald site today. I was surprised by the production values considering no TV network (and presumably no budget) was involved.

You have to wonder how far Parkway can realistically go, though. I don't know how many fans they get but you would have thought their best chance of boosting gates would be if their home games were alternated with Argyle's (I doubt that's even possible).

Plymouth is a biggish city but surely not big enough to support two clubs - even if the second one was only National League level (and Parkway are still some way off that).

Anyway, I'd thoroughly recommend watching the documentary, if only to hear some proper Janner accents if you're suffering withdrawal symptoms during lockdown!

Jul 25, 2006
Leighton Buzzard
Looking at the excellent 'Non League Matters' site, Parkway's average crowd for the abortive season just gone was 237. That was up 18% on the previous season, and included a high of 564 in the Boxing Day home defeat v Tavistock. They were the besr supported team in the Western League Premier Division, which is Step 5.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
What other similar sized cities to Plymouth have a good sized Football League team, and a good non-league team? I think it's possible.

Bradford City and Bradford Park Avenue? Oxford United and Oxford City?

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Excellent videos of a club that want to progress up the football pyramid.

Jun 27, 2019
(I'm)Stranded":1fl5hfk3 said:
Looking at the excellent 'Non League Matters' site, Parkway's average crowd for the abortive season just gone was 237. That was up 18% on the previous season, and included a high of 564 in the Boxing Day home defeat v Tavistock. They were the besr supported team in the Western League Premier Division, which is Step 5.

Thanks, interesting.

That's actually not too bad, and their Boxing Day gate shows what they could attract if more Argyle fans turned up when we're away.

Parkway rising up through the leagues can only be a good thing for our youth system. Sending youngsters on loan within the same city would be great for their development as they could still train with us every day.

Nov 2, 2004
Loved the documentary.The captain krac looks a bit of a handful.
I reckon that I will take in a couple of games this year.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
ealinggreen":8sgup61n said:
Loved the documentary.The captain krac looks a bit of a handful.
I reckon that I will take in a couple of games this year.
Alan Kracs boy I think.

Alan himself played at Wembley with the Dockyard Apprentices team.

I think I'd class a decent non-league team as being at least National League South or North. In that respect if we're looking at one-club cities/towns, apart from Bradford and Oxford, I can only think of Nottingham (although Notts County are far too big to be non-league really) and Leeds, with both Guiseley and Farsley in the National League North.

M

Nov 18, 2011
Brighton have Whitehawk although they've been relegated twice in successive seasons so probably not really classed as a decent non league team now.

Jun 27, 2019
Portsmouth have Havant & Waterlooville. It's not in the city of Portsmouth but it's basically like Ivybridge to Plymouth. They're in the National League South and get gates of 1,400ish.