What's going on at Swindon? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

What's going on at Swindon?

Oct 31, 2015
cheshiregreen":33gb3v7t said:
All a little messy when on verge of being awarded League 2 title.

Lee Power: Swindon Town chairman tells court that club could face administration after sale blocked -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52737205
Not surprised to be honest.

Lived beyond their means. Look at the signings they made and you can only guess at their wages. Maybe even have loans to pay for some of those players.

If a club is living on the edge or beyond and loses income like the last couple of months they are in the doo doo.

Didn't RL say we have lost £1.5M in income due to CV-19. When you are on the edge with finances that's your business down the swanny

It's rife in football. We have been there and got the t shirt. Thanks goodness JB and SH think differently to football fans and were so intent on the foundations first.

Not saying we are safe mind the longer this goes on.

I don’t understand how the proposed buyer could buy the club without the agreement of the two principal shareholders. If they don’t like it they can block it, which means administration if they’re going to run out of cash. What’s the usual points deduction for administration?

May 22, 2006
It all seems more than “a little messy”.

The guy who has 50% is Gareth Barry’s friend and financial adviser. Power Supposedly said in court papers that Barry was involved but Barry denied it.

Payments from the sale of a player allegedly seemed to have disappeared.

Land purchased for new facilities but no planning permission granted.

Wonder if Crewe have any problems. Could we end up as Champions!

Mar 29, 2020
So Exeter could be promoted with us....that would definitely take the shine off our promotion.....get on with it. :furious:

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
And Gareth Barry broke strict FA rules to pump in £800k in Swindon

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
mervyn":14wm1mqu said:
So, if they go into administration after they’re officially promoted but before next season, whenever that may be, to which season does the points deduction apply I wonder? I agree, more than messy.

After Easter (roughly) any admin points deduction is applied according to any effect it might have. Once the season is over, it is applied the following season.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Argylegames":1spwrvjm said:
mervyn":1spwrvjm said:
So, if they go into administration after they’re officially promoted but before next season, whenever that may be, to which season does the points deduction apply I wonder? I agree, more than messy.

After Easter (roughly) any admin points deduction is applied according to any effect it might have. Once the season is over, it is applied the following season.

Which is really interesting, because although the League 2 clubs have voted to finish the season, I am not sure that that decision has actually been finalised and implemented. So, if Swindon did enter administration now and receive a typical points deduction (12?) they would miss out on automatic promotion and perhaps even the play-offs (I haven't checked the points).

Aug 8, 2013
If memory serves, it wouldn't be the first time in their history
they've been denied a promotion for financial irregularities.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Now i'm not normally one for a conspiracy theory, but all a bit convenient that just a week ago a certain H Redknapp expressed a desire to take over a lower league club, struggling for cash and make a success of it. But it had to be in the South, which potential to be bigger than the standard they are playing etc etc.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
I lived in Swindon for 23 years. They are a great club and have attracted some good managers in the past- Glen Hoddle being one of them. It all went downhill when some local builder took control of the club in Lou Macari's time. Subsequent court cases revealed gate money being paid directly to the players by the captain under instructions from above. They had at one stage been promoted to the first division but were demoted before they had played a game.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Ideal for Harry then.

He can appoint his dog as coach, Sandra as physio and still have enough to get his Grand-daughter involved as CEO.

Jun 24, 2008
rsp4":1a8d24qv said:
cheshiregreen":1a8d24qv said:
All a little messy when on verge of being awarded League 2 title.

Lee Power: Swindon Town chairman tells court that club could face administration after sale blocked -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52737205
Not surprised to be honest.

Lived beyond their means. Look at the signings they made and you can only guess at their wages. Maybe even have loans to pay for some of those players.

If a club is living on the edge or beyond and loses income like the last couple of months they are in the doo doo.

Those were exactly my thoughts. Their January window signing of strikers was madness. God knows what they paid.

Anyone seen this episode of "Can't pay or we'll take it away" - they'll be back on it soon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd6EO2myF7Q&t=557s (skip to 9:25)