Financial report

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's a worry we operated at a £1.4m loss over the six month period or a £800,000 loss when deducting one off costs. It cost the club £600,000 to change the management team - paying off the old and bringing in the new - and the use of temporary changing rooms and hospitality (Life Centre and Duke of Cornwall hotel).
60% of our income comes from matchday activity.

The coronavirus has changed everything and future financial reports will be totally different.
Just how can Argyle and other lower league clubs survive with no money coming through the turnstiles?

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":1iuwb6v4 said:
It's a worry we operated at a £1.4m loss over the six month period or a £800,000 loss when deducting one off costs. It cost the club £600,000 to change the management team - paying off the old and bringing in the new - and the use of temporary changing rooms and hospitality (Life Centre and Duke of Cornwall hotel).

The coronavirus has changed everything and future financial reports will be totally different.
Just how can Argyle and other lower league clubs survive with no money coming through the turnstiles?

Government loans?

Mar 1, 2008
Using ratios provided, football costs increased by about £1.3m from 17/18 to 18/19.
I know it includes other things than just wages, probably includes some of the £600k management changes. But it should put the final nail on the coffin to the argument that Adam's didn't have a big enough budget in his final season.

Jul 14, 2008
Catering has represented 6% of club income for a while now. It will be interesting to see how this increases in future years with the facilities in the new grandstand.

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":29sjytw5 said:

Council would be desperate to keep us in business too as they showed in 2010.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":38t35088 said:

You always know these things what's the financial difference between League 1 and 2?

Given the likelihood of a late start for 20/21 perhaps September or October the Checkatrade can be scrapped to ease congestion. Presumably clubs will be relying on I follow income to fill a small part of the budget shortfall. Again, we may fare better than many in that scenario due to size of fanbase.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I’m still worried about the future of our and many other clubs.

IF no football is played before a vaccine is found........... just imagine it. :think:

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Herts_Green":3ntf1ssq said:
Catering has represented 6% of club income for a while now. It will be interesting to see how this increases in future years with the facilities in the new grandstand.

I'm amazed it was that much (6%)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
cheshiregreen":10pn1hzs said:
PL2 3DQ":10pn1hzs said:

You always know these things what's the financial difference between League 1 and 2?

Given the likelihood of a late start for 20/21 perhaps September or October the Checkatrade can be scrapped to ease congestion. Presumably clubs will be relying on I follow income to fill a small part of the budget shortfall. Again, we may fare better than many in that scenario due to size of fanbase.

I haven't seen any numbers for this season but last season the Basic Award Payment and the Premier League solidarity payment combined was £1.39 million for clubs in League One and £952,000 in League Two, so a difference of about £400,000.

I realise fans are naturally getting excited about promotion and the signing of players but to put it bluntly the future of the club (and other clubs) is an issue, as Simon Hallett is keen to highlight ...
With arguments raging about how to end the season, it seems to have been forgotten that, until teams in Leagues One and Two are back playing in front of their fans, there are insufficient revenues to meet the costs of running a club - including paying wages at anything like the levels we have seen in the last few years.
As I said in my last letter to you, Argyle is stronger than most clubs, but not invincible, and cannot avoid the existential problems that face all football clubs.

Feb 15, 2005
My first worry is that SH will say enough is enough as he can’t keep pouring money in, with no income per se that leaves us up the creek without a paddle. We might end up changing owners for some total cowboys!!!!

There is strong talk of wage caps and this means less money for our manager to bring new players in for Division 1. Players on reduced wages won’t want to come to Plymouth and leave their family networks. It’s hard enough now to entice players to come down here (not sure why as it’s a beautiful place to live) and we might have to rely on local talent which may make life very difficult in a higher division.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Following up on PL2's last post (buck197 got in while I was typing!)...

Indeed, which is why I think that rumours that we have made offers to players like Palmer and Hardie really do need to be taken with a humungous pinch of salt (with some pepper thrown in for good measure).

(unless Simon Hallett has access to some unknown pot of money and is being very canny about keeping it hidden)

May 8, 2011
evil_dave86":x29vkj41 said:
Using ratios provided, football costs increased by about £1.3m from 17/18 to 18/19.
I know it includes other things than just wages, probably includes some of the £600k management changes. But it should put the final nail on the coffin to the argument that Adam's didn't have a big enough budget in his final season.

I think you are getting football costs and wages confused.
Part of the increase in wages would seem to be due to additional staff as according to the published accounts the number of employees has increased by 100 from the year before.

Aug 10, 2006
Herts_Green":2bf4ltp1 said:
refurbished grandstand.