Stay at home, be at the game | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Stay at home, be at the game

Apr 22, 2013
Hi all

I know at the moment we have no idea when or how football will resume, but when it does its likely to be behind closed doors.

Has anyone else seen this " stay at home be at the game " initiative?

Basically it involves fans having a cardboard cut out of themselves in their kits made for the cost of around £15/£20 and placed in the stadium you then get to keep the cut out after the pandemic is over.. A German club has sold 13000 to fill their stadium

The benefits could be 2 fold for argyle

1) make the stadium look a bit less empty for TV

2) more importantly if argyle can sell 2 or 3 thousand then there is a revenue stream to help a small dent in what is happening at the moment.

What do you think? Would the club consider it and would fans participate in great numbers to help their club get through this period

There is numerous articles on this including on the daily mail sport website

Tia

JG

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Definitely would do that. Something towards keeping the club afloat is obviously a good thing.

Imagine if they could install 2 cameras in the cutout's eyes (one in each obviously), if you had some VR equipment at home it would be like you're actually there in your seat.

Maybe they could install a speaker in each as well, you could have your songs from home broadcast.

OK going over the top there, but love the initiative.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Just saw what they’d done in Germany in this respect. Looks good.

I’m sure there would be plenty of Argyle fans who would be happy to chip in a few quid to help the club in some small way, an initiative like this would be a little something in return.

I’d definitely be up for it.

Apr 22, 2013
In that case how could I make this suggestion to the club ? Anyone have contact details for who would look at this?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
garsij1":36ibat1j said:
In that case how could I make this suggestion to the club ? Anyone have contact details for who would look at this?
jamie.yabsley@pafc.co.uk (Although I'm sure he'll see this thread).

Apr 22, 2013
Thanks i will drop him a mail and get him to look at feasibility under crowdfunding

I'm sure there are other benefits in this such as community engagement and raising the profile of the club

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
As Bob has said, you can bet your bottom dollar that Jamie will already be all over this idea.

C

Cult Of Personality

This is an idea i would love to take part in. Its a bit of fun