Anoraks 47 - alpha and omega but nothing cryptic! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Anoraks 47 - alpha and omega but nothing cryptic!

Jan 11, 2016
Ray Bowden and Jack Leslie in the same season were the first, followed by Sammy Black and Tommy Grozier in the following two seasons. Not long after Sammy Black did it again.

Wilf Carter, Jimmy Hinch and Fred Binney also did it.

This century only Nathan Lowndes and Micky Evans have done it.

What's all this about?

Jan 11, 2016
More than time for a clue I reckon!

There wasn't a dry eye in the Devonport End when Mickey Evans had his omega moment.

Jan 11, 2016
None of you are quite there yet - remember Sammy Black did it twice so the 'first and last' match idea doesn't work in the career sense - so what else could it be?

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
I think it is they all scored on the first and last day of the season. Trigger scoring his last goal at the end of the 2005/6 season gainst Ipswich.

Jan 11, 2016
.....is the right answer! Well done Green_guile!

By the way, seeing that Nathan Lowndes was one of the strikers involved in the question, does anyone else think, like me, that he should have made more of an impact in the Championship - was it just that he found it difficult to step up a division or did he not get the chances he deserved. Perhaps a bit light weight? He certainly impressed in the promotion season.

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
Sainghin Green":1n1ql6jq said:
.....is the right answer! Well done Green_guile!

By the way, seeing that Nathan Lowndes was one of the strikers involved in the question, does anyone else think, like me, that he should have made more of an impact in the Championship - was it just that he found it difficult to step up a division or did he not get the chances he deserved. Perhaps a bit light weight? He certainly impressed in the promotion season.

Intetesting fact: in the season in which he scored in the first and last games he scored zero goals in between.