Here we go again.
'Rules' are, only one until the quiz needs your expert help.
1. At 7 am a train moving at 90 kph leaves Birmingham heading for London. At 8 a.m. An identical train travelling at 110 kph leaves London heading for Birmingham. Which train will be closer to London when they meet?d
2. If seven people meet each other and each shakes hands only once with each other, how many handshakes will there have been?
3. Name one eight letter word that has kst in the middle, in the beginning, and the end.
4. Assuming that you are paying, is it cheaper to take one friend to the movies twice or two friends to the movies at the same time?
5. Mr. And Mrs. Jacks have five children, half of them are boys. How is this possible?
6. Which of the following words does not belong with the others and why? Father, aunt, sister, cousin, mother, uncle.
7. There is a train one kilometre long, travelling at a rate of one kilometre per minute through a tunnel which is one kilometre long. How long will it take the train to pass?
8. A man and a boy who are walking together step out with their right feet first. The boy walks three paces while the man walks two. When will they both put their left foot forward together? Explain.
9. A man is sitting in his cabin in Newquay. 80 minutes later he gets out of his cabin in Norwich. How is this possible?
10. How many times do the hour and minute hand cross each other in a twelve hour period? (start at 12:00 noon and count that as once)
11. What substance weighs more in its liquid form than in its solid form?
12. A bottle of wine weighs exactly 120 ounces. Since the bottle itself weighs exactly twice as much as the wine, how much does the wine weigh?
Returnofthepob with a slight (albeit late) assist from Pogleswoody
13. Why is a manhole cover round?
14. A window cleaner is cleaning the windows on the 25th floor of a skyscraper, when he slips and falls. He is not wearing a safety harness and nothing slows his fall, yet he suffered no injuries. Explain.
15. A man who lives on the 12th floor every day takes the elevator to go to work. When he comes back in the evening, unless it is raining or there are other people in the elevator, he goes with it just to the 8th floor and then uses the stairs for the last 4 floors. Why does he do this?