Premier League Games at Home Park (not confirmed) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Premier League Games at Home Park (not confirmed)

Sep 18, 2010
So it’s been proposed to hold some of the remaining Premier Leagues at neutral venues and Home Park in the mix of venues being considered due to it’s location (to prevent fans travelling) and the quality of the facilities and pitch.

Interesting.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
If there is anything that would hold back Home Park it will be the size of the away changing room and floodlighting not being sufficient to accommodate goal line technology.

That being said, wherever games are played, additional changing facilities are likely to be needed to allow social distancing and not many games in June are going to finish in darkness.

Jun 27, 2019
Really can't see the point of dragging two teams all the way down to Plymouth when there are plenty of other much closer options. They could even use St George's Park; they've got full-size pitches there and it's not like they need stands because there won't be any supporters.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Superguy":qdvicw6v said:
So it’s been proposed to hold some of the remaining Premier Leagues at neutral venues and Home Park in the mix of venues being considered due to it’s location (to prevent fans travelling) and the quality of the facilities and pitch.

Interesting.

Where has this been said?

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Interesting, this would be great if it happens.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Kind of makes sense as it's ultra-neutral and we now have the facilities for it. Would be good for us, as gives some great exposure and might get some freebies from it (scoreboard, anyone? :greensmile: )

But... I can't find anything on the internet or social media about it.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
These are the games to be played at neutral venues although in all the reports I've seen Home Park isn't mentioned:
Man City vs Liverpool
Man City vs Newcastle
Man United vs Sheff United
Newcastle vs Liverpool
Everton vs Liverpool
Game when Liverpool win title

Jun 27, 2019
PL2 3DQ":3bgrh6i9 said:
These are the games to be played at neutral venues although in all the reports I've seen Home Park isn't mentioned:
Man City vs Liverpool
Man City vs Newcastle
Man United vs Sheff United
Newcastle vs Liverpool
Everton vs Liverpool
Game when Liverpool win title

All northern teams. It'd be completely bonkers to have them traipsing all the way down to Devon, where there are probably just as many Liverpool 'fans' as there are on Merseyside!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
What’s the point of playing at a neutral venue, when the ground will be empty anyway?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I think it's more to stop fans congregating outside the ground. I reckon there'd be thousands of fans outside Anfield at the game they'd be lifting the trophy in.

Also a lot of the advantages that teams get from playing at home are from the actual pitch dimensions and surroundings. I've heard a couple of players say there was a specific seat or advertising hoarding they'd aim cross-field passes to, for example.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Biggs":2gut3xh8 said:
I think it's more to stop fans congregating outside the ground. I reckon there'd be thousands of fans outside Anfield at the game they'd be lifting the trophy in.

Also a lot of the advantages that teams get from playing at home are from the actual pitch dimensions and surroundings. I've heard a couple of players say there was a specific seat or advertising hoarding they'd aim cross-field passes to, for example.

What sort of idiot would stand outside the ground when the tram is playing behind closed doors?

As for home advantage, surely that should still be maintained, else what is the point of the weighted points average suggested for leagues which do not play the remaining games?

Mar 8, 2016
With the amount of Plymouth born, never stepped foot in Liverpool, let alone Anfield, Liverpool fans in Plymouth I’d imagine quite a few would still go outside home park to celebrate. (Rude word deleted by admin)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Just think they could bring their Sky remotes. :wave:

Joking apart, no way would Argyle be in line for this. Plus of course the NHS are using our facilities.

May 8, 2011
Biggs":2xt080b2 said:

There won’t be many fans outside Anfield as there will be 14 day quarantine period for people from Scandinavia and with social distancing measures on coaches and trains there will problems getting to Liverpool.