Sarcevic to Salford?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
This has been mooted for the last few weeks but it now does look possible.
Apart from the appeal of returning to the North West Salford also have the financial resources to guarantee paying a wage with the prospect of having no income from crowds at games.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Salford may have the money, but you can not spend it if there is a (proposed) wage cap, plus Sarcevic appears to love the Plymouth area

Jun 27, 2019
As I pointed out on another thread, Sarcevic played for Salford manager Graham Alexander at Fleetwood and scored the winner at Wembley when they were promoted in 2014. It's no surprise at all that he's a target for them, given that:

a. They can sign him on a free
b. He's from just down the road, so fits the brief of Gary Neville's north-west 'DNA' ethos
c. He's just won promotion from the division they're trying to get out of
d. He's very likely to be voted player of the year in a promotion-winning side

For Sarce, he gets to move back 'home' and almost certainly win another promotion. Salford will recruit heavily in anticipation of the rumoured salary cap, which presumably clubs will have at least a season to fall in line with.

I think we're nailed-on to lose our Player of the Year for the third season out of the last four, though I don't think we'll miss this one as much as we did the last two.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Looks plausible. I like him for his attitude (last season anyway) and he really seemed to improve his skills and fitness under Ryan Lowe. However, I can understand why he might leave so good luck to him if he goes. I have every faith that we will have a good squad this season whatever happens, whoever leaves, stays or arrives.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
This was going around a few weeks ago, apparently he wants to move back up north and with being a Manchester lad then it’s no surprise

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
If he goes it'll just be a pity he didn't get to receive the player of the season trophy in front of the supporters.
Much respect for the way he pulled his sleeves up and played with clear determination to right a wrong when others couldn't wait to leave

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Not that worried if he goes. Good L2 player but hasn’t got the legs, stamina or vision we are going to need at the next level. Been a good servant to the club though, so why shouldn’t he go back to his roots.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Devongreenowl":3vmmgvxv said:
Not that worried if he goes. Good L2 player but hasn’t got the legs, stamina or vision we are going to need at the next level. Been a good servant to the club though, so why shouldn’t he go back to his roots.

Hasn't got the legs or stamina??? Which Sarcevic have you been watching? He's arguably the fittest bloke in the squad!!!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Sorry Nobby, not from where I sit. No pace and starts blowing quite quickly. Obviously if there are stats that disprove my view I would be happy to see them. It’s all about opinions. I dont rate George Cooper as highly as some either.

Aug 10, 2006
you say Salford have the money but i am sure i heard that horrible man gary neville say they were skint the other day.

Apr 24, 2020
There’s a similar rumour about Doyle to Salford. His family is there, he’s been upfront about getting one last big pay day before he retires. Good luck to him if he does go.

Jun 27, 2019
loyal1970":2ml3ftk7 said:
you say Salford have the money but i am sure i heard that horrible man gary neville say they were skint the other day.

In terms of income and expenditure they will be skint. Take Lim and the 92 away and they would instantly cease to be viable.

FWIW I really like Gary Neville for being a straight talker and passionate football fan. I don't like Salford because of the approach they've taken, but buying your local club with a few mates and watching them rise up through the divisions would be an irresistible experience for most football fans. If myself and a few mates had eight figures between us we'd take Argyle all the way to the Premier League and wouldn't give a stuff what anyone said.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
WoodsyGreen":147fh86r said:
loyal1970":147fh86r said:

In terms of income and expenditure they will be skint. Take Lim and the 92 away and they would instantly cease to be viable.

FWIW I really like Gary Neville for being a straight talker and passionate football fan. I don't like Salford because of the approach they've taken, but buying your local club with a few mates and watching them rise up through the divisions would be an irresistible experience for most football fans. If myself and a few mates had eight figures between us we'd take Argyle all the way to the Premier League and wouldn't give a stuff what anyone said.

And him airing his concerns about the EFL is good to hear, because seems like many many high profile ex football players don’t care about the lower EFL clubs. But that could be down to his ownership of Salford.

Can’t fault the Class of 92 for buying Salford after all, most people who slate them on here probably won’t batter a eyelid of a group of wealthy ex football players brought us and pumped money in to us.