Barnsley V Plymouth Argyle | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Barnsley V Plymouth Argyle

R

RedTyke

I hope this is ok
I collect and archive footage of Barnsley Football Club.
I wondered if any of have any videos of games between our clubs in any format be it VHS or Betamax. I'm in particular interested in footage from any years prior to us being in the Premier League.
Also any cine-film or amateur shot footage
Any footage I receive I will put into DVD free of charge if you so wish.
The reason for posting on here is quite a lot of Barnsley footage comes from other clubs.
If you can help with this then do not hesitate to contact me by email at kendraytyke@gmail.com

Many thanks
Stay safe

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Not got any footage, but my favourite Argyle v Barnsley game has to be the 2-2 cup tie at Home Park approx. 1994...
Andy Payton scored a nice lob for you lot and Argyle scored two beauts, Dwight Marshall and Paul Dalton.. One or both of them got into match of the day's 'goal of the month' compilation I seem to recall as it was a cup tie and was covered by the programme

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I can remember an evening game at Home Park in the CCC when we were really good and Barnsley were towards the bottom. They won 4-2 I think and every goal from both sides were crackers.

The season before last at your place was a good game as well. We weren't fancied but gave you a real good game at 1-1.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
IJN should have beaten them on their own patch if Freddie had not missed threee chances...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That was a good trip Al, full of memories for you.

R

RedTyke

up_the_line":1e1xv1yx said:
Not got any footage, but my favourite Argyle v Barnsley game has to be the 2-2 cup tie at Home Park approx. 1994...
Andy Payton scored a nice lob for you lot and Argyle scored two beauts, Dwight Marshall and Paul Dalton.. One or both of them got into match of the day's 'goal of the month' compilation I seem to recall as it was a cup tie and was covered by the programme
I was at the game you played well. It would be great to get footage or even the full game (I have the goals)

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Always remember Argyle v Barnsley 1st game of the season 1991/92. We won 2-1 and Dwight Marshall scored with an overhead kick on his debut. Happy days :)

Aug 10, 2006
anybody else remember the home game in the 80s thick of fog game finished 0 - 0 apparently, you couldn't see the pitch :lol: :lol:

Feb 18, 2006
Tewkesbury
loyal1970":25947n8v said:
anybody else remember the home game in the 80s thick of fog game finished 0 - 0 apparently, you couldn't see the pitch :lol: :lol:

That was the first match I remember as a kid. Stood on the half way line in the mayflower stand. Couldn’t see either goal.

Also, was it not Barnsley who were hammering us 4-0 at home when the game was abandoned? Ten years or so ago?

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I remember the final game of the season in 2009 where they beat us 2-1 at home to stay up. Barnsley flags all over Central Park on a hot day. My son, who was only 8 at the time, got plied with sweets by a car full of Barnsley fans who were parked behind us and who were absolutely jubilant after the game. Good memory even though we lost.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
block3green":3jn0iwyy said:
Also, was it not Barnsley who were hammering us 4-0 at home when the game was abandoned? Ten years or so ago?

It was 1-4, we scored first.

Dec 30, 2011
IJN":1854nsje said:
I can remember an evening game at Home Park in the CCC when we were really good and Barnsley were towards the bottom. They won 4-2 I think and every goal from both sides were crackers.

Remember it well. Holloway was furious because we pushed forward too much. Sinclair had come on and was causing mayhem but when Barnsley broke away they put a couple shots from outside the box into the top corner.

Sep 3, 2009
block3green":14yn5mkx said:
loyal1970":14yn5mkx said:

That was the first match I remember as a kid. Stood on the half way line in the mayflower stand. Couldn’t see either goal.

I was at that one. It was ludicrous. I was in the Devonport End - the ball would suddenly appear out of nowhere in the penalty area!

Also went to the away 1-1 last year. Enjoyable game and evening in Barnsley. Oakwell is a good ground and the Barnsley fans are a decent bunch.