Chairman's update | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Chairman's update

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Inevitable but gulp. :sick:

Well done to him (and of course Jane) for what he’s done.

His words are certainly increasing my fear factor for PAFC.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
I think he has struck exactly the right tone. If pro football (excluding prem league) gets through this then we probably will but don't count any chickens and don't expect lavish signings etc.

I think we all have tremendous gratitude to him and Jane for what they've done, what they continue to do, and the leadership he offers to us as fans of Argyle.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
As ever, a thoughtful, well-presented statement that re-emphasises what good hands the club is in. :thumbup: I just hope that things are a little more settled and positive soon if this is SH's final cash injection. :think:

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
IJN":yosmkqsg said:
Inevitable but gulp. :sick:

Well done to him for what he’s (and Jane) done.

His words are certainly increasing my fear factor for PAFC.

Genuine question Ian - what specific uncertainly/fear factor are you referring to? Do you have an Argyle-specific concern or is it a wider one for football in general?

I had a small tear in my eye reading that latest update. We are privileged to have Simon and Jane at this moment, more than any other. I think they will go down down in Argyle history as two of the best of us. I hope that when Home Park is packed for our first game after all of this, we can show them our gratitude.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
He's already said that the money at the club will run out by mid-July and now SH spells it out in plain English - one final cash injection!

There's also a hint that players and 'others' will have to accept conditional contracts.

Forget signing new players and forget transfer rumours until crowds are back in stadiums to generate income.

It's a critical and worrying time. :)

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
This cash will be used to protect Argyle from some of the bad financial outcomes that we think may happen in the absence of financial support for EFL clubs from some other party

Doesn't seem to express the world of confidence in the EFL/FA/whoever to pull their fingers out and help clubs, at least not in a constructive way that won't just be an advance on monies they'll get anyway and therefore lose out on getting when they budgeted for.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Both CC.

I can't see any football crowds this side of Christmas, unless a miracle breakthrough comes.

If it doesn't I can see most of League 1 and 2 clubs folding, ours included.

I think the EFL/FA/EUFA or whoever else allowing clubs to mothball until they're out the other side.

Problem is I have friends at the club, and I can see tears ahead but what else is he to do?

Freakish terrible times for the planet, and from a selfish personal point of view, I fear for the safety of my club and loads of others alongside us.

I pray I'm wrong.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i have never bought a shirt before but I will as soon as the away strip is available.what a great chairman we have. :clap: anyone know when the away strip is available please?

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":3c3nv8jt said:
Both CC.

I can't see any football crowds this side of Christmas, unless a miracle breakthrough comes.

I think the EFL/FA/EUFA or whoever else allowing clubs to mothball until they're out the other side.

Problem is I have friends at the club, and I can see tears ahead but what else is he to do?

Freakish terrible times for the planet, and from a selfish personal point of view, I fear for the safety of my club and loads of others alongside us.

I pray I'm wrong.

You dont believe the 20% social distancing option could work then IJN. Surely its the best hope.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Balham_Green":2wkyidu7 said:
IJN":2wkyidu7 said:
Both CC.

I pray I'm wrong.

You dont believe the 20% social distancing option could work then IJN. Surely its the best hope.

I don't know the maths on that BG. I'd take any option to be honest. Anything that saves our club is good with me.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Wow. That's stark but also realistic and, in a weird way, positive. We are lucky to have such an owner but clearly there are limits to what any individual is able to do (and should be expected to do).

I do think that, in large part, this statement hopes to quieten down talk of player contracts, transfers etc. and to encourage fans to funnel whatever funds they can towards the club via shirt sales etc. As the saying goes, 'every little helps'. Make no mistake, we're in an absolute scrap for survival now.

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
IJN":4gxxjjba said:
Both CC.

I pray I'm wrong.

I share all your fears.

I hope some sort of social distancing attendance is possible, these are worrying times.

I haven't bought a replica shirt for about 10 years (just not my thing) but I've got my home one already and will be gifting another. I think a lot of people are doing the same and hopefully these small things will help in some way.