Sky quick to take yer money | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Sky quick to take yer money

Bryan Tregunna

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
Sep 22, 2003
With the Premier League scheduled to start in a fortnight, I see that Sky have unpaused my subscription:
a) without my consent
b) on the assumption that my subscription is based on the availability of watching PL football.
And can you contact them? Can you ... :mad:

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Bryan_Tregunna":24wbuf5x said:
With the Premier League scheduled to start in a fortnight, I see that Sky have unpaused my subscription:
a) without my consent
b) on the assumption that my subscription is based on the availability of watching PL football.

I bought a Sky Sports season ticket. A one off payment of Ā£200 that was to run from August last year until the end of May. I have been given a free month's extension with further reviews promised to ensure I pay no more before the season ends. I am more than happy with that.

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
Lundan Cabbie":up0ahc6l said:
Bryan_Tregunna":up0ahc6l said:
a) without my consent

I bought a Sky Sports season ticket. A one off payment of Ā£200 that was to run from August last year until the end of May. I have been given a free month's extension with further reviews promised to ensure I pay no more before the season ends. I am more than happy with that.

Ahh yes, but life isn't just about you...

Jun 27, 2019
Bryan_Tregunna":7hupbyq2 said:
a) without my consent

Sounds like they won't charge until 19 June if this is anything to go by...

I paused my Sky Sports subscription, when will I start to pay for Sky Sports?
Billing will resume for Sky Sports Golf & Premier League subscribers including those on Complete Sky Sports, single channel packs, and also two, or three channel packs in June. You will not be charged for Sports for any days before 19 June 2020. This will appear in your next bill.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Us on Virgin media didn't get any pause on our Sky Sports packages, so have been having to pay the full amount despite the lack of Premier League and EFL football on their channels. Same with Premier Sports, no pause despite no NHL, La Liga etc.

Jan 4, 2011
Argyle-sy":zbzcbhrt said:
Us on Virgin media didn't get any pause on our Sky Sports packages, so have been having to pay the full amount despite the lack of Premier League and EFL football on their channels. Same with Premier Sports, no pause despite no NHL, La Liga etc.
It was possible to get a pause with Virgin Media. It wasnā€™t well publicised and it wasnā€™t automatic, but there was was an online form that had to be filled out and submitted. It lasted for two months but my bill at the end of May went back to normal, without notification.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Kersie":33c1v1cf said:
If you canā€™t afford it donā€™t have it....Simple

You think it's ok to pay for something you're not receiving?

Aug 18, 2010
PL2
Ponty":3mwf7dvn said:
Kersie":3mwf7dvn said:

But you will be receiving the service from 19th June, hence why subscriptions will re-commence from that date.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Argyle-sy":ivxso1mg said:

Yes you did, but you had to ask for it.

Iā€™ve just received my third Ā£36.25 credit note for Sky Sports and BT Sport.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
I Love Mickey":1qod1ge4 said:
Ponty":1qod1ge4 said:
Kersie":1qod1ge4 said:

But you will be receiving the service from 19th June, hence why subscriptions will re-commence from that date.

I meant the Virgin subscription.

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Argyle-sy":ld2otuk8 said:

Virgin offered & I received approx Ā£40pm reduction in lieu of no live footy on Sky/BT since March. You had to apply online.

May 28, 2019
BT TV totally revamped their tv set up and subscriptions about a month before virus , , you now get nowtv through bt, which you can choose sports pack, entertainment etc , but it is monthly ,you can change it each month, lucky for me i cancelled sports after 1st month when all this went down, when it restarts i can pay for another month and cancel again, before it starts again in september hopefully,i strongly recommend bt tv or now tv (which is owned by sky,) you can decide each month, or even a week pass on nowtv