Argyle fan in Fulham? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle fan in Fulham?

Aug 15, 2015
Went for a run in my local Park in Fulham with headphones in. Some bloke ran past and said 'come on Argyle' :wave:

Not sure what the purpose of the post is :D but would ne intrigued to see if he was local to me. Love bumping into greens in London. I'd like to think he was a green!!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
mervyn":n05wlfej said:
Forgive me going off topic, but that walk through the park is one of my favourite approaches to any ground.

I used to have some very nice walks with a former girlfriend along the Thames on the Putney side down to Hammersmith Bridge and back. Only ever went to one game there and that was v Argyle in 94. Big turn out of the GA as always. Nice traditional football ground.

Forest of Dean Green

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Devongreenowl":1ipdbrnq said:
mervyn":1ipdbrnq said:
Forgive me going off topic, but that walk through the park is one of my favourite approaches to any ground.

I used to have some very nice walks with a former girlfriend along the Thames on the Putney side down to Hammersmith Bridge and back. Only ever went to one game there and that was v Argyle in 94. Big turn out of the GA as always. Nice traditional football ground.

A ground Iā€™ve never been to but probably the one I want to go to most. Somehow, always missed it. It looks a beauty

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Forest of Dean Green":fvqgidj5 said:
Devongreenowl":fvqgidj5 said:
mervyn":fvqgidj5 said:

A ground Iā€™ve never been to but probably the one I want to go to most. Somehow, always missed it. It looks a beauty

I didnā€™t think much of the stand on the river side, but it had a big home and away ends. The latter used to be uncovered, but has had a roof for sometime now so much better for visiting fans. The old main stand still looks pretty much the same I think, with the cottage in the corner nearest the away end. Yeah, grounds like this are becoming rarer. Iā€™ve never liked the bowl type modern stadiums, because they generally lack character. Sadly HP falls into that category, or at least 3/4 of it. (Puts tin hat on!)

Mark58

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
The one occasion I visited Craven Cottage was in, I think, 1980 when Argyle Reserves were playing a mid-week game there in the old Football combination. Glory days! :lol:

Princerock

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Watched the university boat race go past one year before kick-off there....not an Argyle game.

Mar 29, 2020
Best grounds to visit in London is West London Football Grounds...QPR, Brentford, Fulham and Chelsea.. :thumbs:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Fulham is my favourite of all grounds I've been to. I don't remember ever seeing us win there though. :thumbdown:

PutneyPete

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
ā™£ļø PASALB Member
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Shoenice":264yus5d said:
Went for a run in my local Park in Fulham with headphones in. Some bloke ran past and said 'come on Argyle' :wave:

Not sure what the purpose of the post is :D but would ne intrigued to see if he was local to me. Love bumping into greens in London. I'd like to think he was a green!!

Well, it wasn't me. I am just over the other side of the river.

And the new 'Putney' stand has some way to go before it is finished.
(Craven Cottage in the corner)

cWCtyb2.jpg

When I and the late, great Mike Pengelly would loiter around South West London [I lived in SW19, he lived in SW20] visiting local grounds along the Thames was a real joy - whether it was for a beer of not.

Craven Cottage was always a special "old-fashioned" establishment.

I am sure "Pengles" is wandering around the Thames as I speak !!