Sunderland: no refunds for 20/21 season tickets | PASOTI

Sunderland: no refunds for 20/21 season tickets

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
Sunderland fans are not happy with their club - those that have renewed their season ticket for next year will get a streaming pass if fans are not allowed into the stadium to watch the game.
https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2020/6 ... ng-forlorn

I'm sure that some would do that anyway, but it'd be nice to have a choice.

They are trying to match Newcastle (the only Premiership club not to offer refunds for this season).

Mar 29, 2020
I wouldn’t want a refund from Argyle myself.... I can understand why some people can peel an orange in there pocket though. :whistle:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
As has been said before, some people may need the money especially with so many jobs on the line..

Each to their own and there should be no peer pressure exerted.

Jul 14, 2008
There’s a big difference between asking supporters not to take a refund if they can afford it, compared to just not offering refunds full stop

Mar 8, 2016
IJN":3mkpszpa said:
As has been said before, some people may need the money especially with so many jobs on the line..

Each to their own and there should be no peer pressure exerted.

Indeed, but I’d rather live off eating the peanuts from my Pooh than argyle going bust. Each to their own though. I’ll support argyle financially as much as I possibly can, especially when we have ownership like Mr and Mrs Hallett doing their bit. So they can keep my season ticket money and have the shirt off my back if needs be.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
TBH Sunderland is a joke with their TV show and all, they have blown a premier league fortune and 3 years of parachute payments and are still in league 1
There maybe a big club goes bust and Sunderland are primed to be that club. All North East Clubs take their large fanatical support for granted Middlesbrough, Newcastle & Sunderland fans all deserve better than they are served

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
edengreen":2mzfd1d1 said:
TBH Sunderland is a joke with their TV show and all, they have blown a premier league fortune and 3 years of parachute payments and are still in league 1
There maybe a big club goes bust and Sunderland are primed to be that club. All North East Clubs take their large fanatical support for granted Middlesbrough, Newcastle & Sunderland fans all deserve better than they are served

Agreed. Totally use their own supporters while wasting £3 million on journeymen strikers. If I were a Sunderland fan I would be absolutely fuming.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I hope they stay there for years if I'm honest. What they did v Southend has turned me right off them. That's another team in my CBox.

Bristol Rovers
Colchester United
Scumthorpe
Sunderland
Milton Keynes
Fleetwood
FGR

I suppose it's not that bad is it? :greensmile:

Jan 27, 2012
I think that consumer law protects fans who have purchased tickets for cancelled games. Although some clubs (including Argyle) are proposing vouchers in place of refunds, my undertanding is that fans can demand cash refunds if they so wish- and have this enforced trough legal action (small claims). At least I think thats what a fella on a BBC podcast was saying. So even though Argyle may ask fans to help out their cash flow by not claiming refunds, I don't think they can stop them.