✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
No surprises there.

Jun 27, 2019
No real surprises in there, apart from maybe C Grant being offered a new deal. Lowe obviously saw enough to think he'll do a decent job in League One as a utility player, but I can't help but think Dewsnip has had an influence there seeing as he would have known Grant since he was a youngster.

Joel and Taylor can have no complaints at all. Taylor doesn't fit the system and Joel is barely League Two standard.

Wootton deserves a new deal after being part of a promotion-winning defence but we'll need two new CBs or else I fear we'll be going straight back down.

Sawyer's experience is immeasurable in a squad lacking in local lads and I'm glad he'll be sticking around even if he won't be a regular.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Think the above comment is harsh on Joel Grant. Decent League Two player, with bags of experience but unfortunately doesn’t fit the system.

No real surprises in the rest. I get the feeling the retained list looks a bit different to how it may have done three months ago. Signing new players will be tough in this window and most of our squad have played well enough to be offered a new deal. Lowe probably can’t be as ruthless as he may have wanted to be.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Plus Joel turns 33 later in summer.

Now the wait and see how many will agree new deals game starts.

Lost some quality from loan players but, maybe one or two will return for our League 1 (not yet confirmed ;)) campaign.

Jun 27, 2019
Nobby":1wdjar12 said:
Think the above comment is harsh on Joel Grant. Decent League Two player, with bags of experience but unfortunately doesn’t fit the system.

No real surprises in the rest. I get the feeling the retained list looks a bit different to how it may have done three months ago. Signing new players will be tough in this window and most of our squad have played well enough to be offered a new deal. Lowe probably can’t be as ruthless as he may have wanted to be.

He was mostly awful last season, consistently lacking effort and first touch. I don't think he can hide behind the 'not fitting the system' excuse like Ryan Taylor can, he's gone because he isn't anywhere near good enough.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
WoodsyGreen":1h1l9n7a said:
No real surprises in there, apart from maybe C Grant being offered a new deal. Lowe obviously saw enough to think he'll do a decent job in League One as a utility player, but I can't help but think Dewsnip has had an influence there seeing as he would have known Grant since he was a youngster.

Thought C Grant played really well in central midfield toward the end of the season, definitely has something about him.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
The most important element of publishing the list is that obviously no-one at Argyle is expecting to play any more games this season and that "offers made" must be based on acceptance that today's debate will have no effect on the offer and which division we may be in.

Of course the offers may have lots of "ifs"..

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Cobi Budge":3p2esno5 said:
WoodsyGreen":3p2esno5 said:

Thought C Grant played really well in central midfield toward the end of the season, definitely has something about him.

Agreed. Also fits a number of positions.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
As expected.

The new contract offers will have several different options depending on how and when football starts with fans in Home Park.
In his recent update Simon Hallett said this ....
Contracts will look different from those in the past and will provide for as many different scenarios over the next year as possible.
You have to feel for the released players because they are now unemployed with very little chance of getting a new contract at another club anytime soon.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
plymouthboyuk":1djezbc6 said:
I am intrigued by the Option, regarding Danny Mayor. Who has the option, Argyle or Mayor ?

Think it depended (s) on a number of issues including which division we are in. I am led to believe it is multi faceted.

Oct 10, 2012
Gutted but I understand the Taylor decision. Really liked him when he first came in. Hope he gets a good move but can’t see it with his injury record.

Would imagine Derek would want him at Morecambe but can’t see clubs affording to waste wages on injury prone players after COVID.

Jan 30, 2016
Ryan always played his heart out for the team, shame he had so many injuries. Thank you and hope you find a new club soon.