Goodbye to the loan players

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Ryan Hardie, George Cooper, Josh Grant, Alex Palmer and Tyreeq Bakinson all made huge contributions during the season, beecoming regular starters and I reckon the best group of loan players we've had for years.
Even in the first half of the season Zak Rudden played his part.
We've always had one or two really good loan players in the team but this season we had five.

It's testament to the research and due diligence of the coaching staff that the loan players were so good.

Hopefully a few will return.

Jan 11, 2009
Absolutly...Ryan Hardie and George Cooper were outstanding and I really hope they will come back but their stock has risen so much after their time with us I cannot see it happening.

G

greengiant1886

Possibly the finest set of loan players in terms of contribution we have had in a long time.

Jun 27, 2019
Hopefully the differing reactions to the signings of Rudden and Hardie will be a lesson to some in future not to judge a player until he's pulled on the green shirt!

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Well said Posty.

Let's hope we can get some of those back.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
They were all good, George Cooper were excellent but Ryan Hardie? My oh my oh my... what a player he was. I hate the idea that we might never get to see him in an Argyle shirt again.

Jul 24, 2009
Cooper, Hardie, Palmer, absolute class. Thanks and all the best to all of them. Would love to see any of them back in green.

Dec 30, 2011
third earl of jean":2kl8h9bg said:
Cooper, Hardie, Palmer, absolute class. Thanks and all the best to all of them. Would love to see any of them back in green.

Agree entirely. Hardie is capable of becoming an excellent player at a higher level.

Jan 30, 2016
If I had a choice of only one to come back it would be Hardie. The guy is a natural goal scorer in the mould of Tynan and Kemp.

Jul 12, 2016
AlanMS":2886fubk said:
If I had a choice of only one to come back it would be Hardie. The guy is a natural goal scorer in the mould of Tynan and Kemp.
I agree. This type of player has been sorely missed at Argyle .
Will be worth a lot of money in the future.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Lot of discussion of Cooper or Hardie? But a word for Josh Grant who was excellent in that holding role. He’s a young talent, great technical player, versatile and available on a free transfer. I think he’d be a brilliant signing for free and worth a lot more in a couple years.

For my money this is the best crop of loan players we’ve ever had, across the board that is. Palmer should make team of the year, George Cooper will be in the conversation (but lose out to Harry Pickering) and Ryan Hardie wouldn’t be far behind Eoin Doyle over a full season for the top goal scorer. Josh Grant if he’d played a full season at DM would be well in with a shout as well, because from December onwards he was brilliant. Even Bakinson made some big contributions when he came in, even if slightly inconsistent.

I’d happily welcome any of them back in League One next year.