Argyle Bets | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle Bets

Olaf

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🚑 Steve Hooper
Aug 2, 2016
Now that the euphoria is settling (a bit) on our promotion thoughts have turned to my various Argyle bets.

I checked my account hoping to see a few quid added that wasn't there last week. Rather surprised to see that BET365 have voided some League 1 and League 2 bets. This included my E.W. bet on Argyle (i.e. top 3). They have simply payed the stake back. A little annoying as I don't believe SkyBet have adopted the same position? The only good news is that I got my money back on a rather early rash bet for Telford to be League 2 top scorer!!

I know one or two people on here like a flutter and wondered what has happened to their bets?

Mar 16, 2009
London
Olaf":27y4qb6w said:
Now that the euphoria is settling (a bit) on our promotion thoughts have turned to my various Argyle bets.

I checked my account hoping to see a few quid added that wasn't there last week. Rather surprised to see that BET365 have voided some League 1 and League 2 bets. This included my E.W. bet on Argyle (i.e. top 3). They have simply payed the stake back. A little annoying as I don't believe SkyBet have adopted the same position? The only good news is that I got my money back on a rather early rash bet for Telford to be League 2 top scorer!!

I know one or two people on here like a flutter and wondered what has happened to their bets?

I had a bet on Argyle to finish top scorers in League 2. Sky Bet have settled that as a loss. I think they should have voided it and returned my stake. By contrast, Bet365 have returned my stake on an Argyle to win League 2 bet. They're also paying out (assuming I win) on some accumulators involving Argyle, Leeds and Liverpool, despite a fourth element being Freddie Ladapo to finish in the top 4 scorers of League 1. He was 5th top scorer at the point matches were curtailed.

So Bet365 have been very fair, and Skybet unethical, imo.

I prefer the exchanges now anyway.

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Bet365 have paid out on my Argyle to finish in Top 3 and refunded my stake on my 7 other (losing) bets. Result.

Aug 27, 2019
Had several small bets on Betfair over the seasons length...
Argyle to win league - settled 07/06 as a loser.
Equally accum with all 4 league winners - incl Liverpool, WBA & Rotherham, with Argyle also a loser....only £3 but will remain convinced that my £600 return was in my grasp!
Luckily had backed Argyle again at 23/1 & laid off to cover all outlay (£24), at 3/1.
Overall haven't lost & haven't won - but had great fun following fortunes of all.

Await next seasons odds as expect/hope for even better returns!!

Jun 27, 2019
I had similar to the above poster, with Coventry instead of Rotherham.

I wasn't expecting to be paid out but they could have at least refunded my stake. In hindsight I should have cashed out but who saw a bloody global pandemic coming?!

Jan 22, 2016
tawtongreen":2tdw52t7 said:
Had several small bets on Betfair over the seasons length...
Argyle to win league - settled 07/06 as a loser.
Equally accum with all 4 league winners - incl Liverpool, WBA & Rotherham, with Argyle also a loser....only £3 but will remain convinced that my £600 return was in my grasp!
Luckily had backed Argyle again at 23/1 & laid off to cover all outlay (£24), at 3/1.
Overall haven't lost & haven't won - but had great fun following fortunes of all.

Await next seasons odds as expect/hope for even better returns!!

Funnily enough I have the exact same league winners bet but done it each way. I think you're right though, it was on the cards!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
stewthenoo":3b7ygfhv said:
Bet365 have paid out on my Argyle to finish in Top 3 and refunded my stake on my 7 other (losing) bets. Result.

Do you have a screenshot of your winning bet by any chance - I had Argyle as an E/w win bet with Bet365 but they voided it - this isn’t consistent with your bet I feel ...