Share issue | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Share issue

KFA

Apr 4, 2012
Plymouth
AFCW PLC is a Public limited company. Argyle is a Private limited company. Different rules apply in a number of respects including offering shares to the public.

Aug 27, 2019
Is possible to issue shares in a private company I believe, in a non voting, non equity holding, non interest bearing basis. If correct (& most importantly, SH & his board wish to do so}, although semi retired would give £500/1000 to participate.
Great idea, if could be done & they support it, could give SH some of his investment back without relinquishing any control.
With our bigger fan base than AFCW, believe we could raise much more than £2m easily, given time,
Would re-assure Mr & Mrs H that we want to help, not just drain them of their wealth - see recent announcement about 'last investment'.......

Oct 5, 2013
tawtongreen":3tzdpl9w said:
Is possible to issue shares in a private company I believe, in a non voting, non equity holding, non interest bearing basis. If correct (& most importantly, SH & his board wish to do so}, although semi retired would give £500/1000 to participate.
Great idea, if could be done & they support it, could give SH some of his investment back without relinquishing any control.
With our bigger fan base than AFCW, believe we could raise much more than £2m easily, given time,
Would re-assure Mr & Mrs H that we want to help, not just drain them of their wealth - see recent announcement about 'last investment'.......

I agree, if it’s possible it’s a great idea.
Is it worth putting it forward to someone at the club / SH / chief exec?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
SH might not wish to water down his equity interest, but on the other hand if 'push comes to shove' it could be a way of injecting needed working capital until such time as normal cash flow is achieved.

Jun 2, 2016
I suggested a bond issue to SH recently, so effectively a fan investment over 3-5 years at low rate of return. As you say, to let fans participate and also show him we wanted to contribute.
His reply was essentially that if needed, he might consider something like that. But that essentially 'we will be OK'.... so not at the front of his mind.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
I think a bond would be a better solution.

Shares would not have a 'market', so what are they worth?

They wouldn't have voting rights, probably not a divided so it would ultimately become more of a donation than a share.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Adam_R":isyi48k7 said:
I think a bond would be a better solution.

They wouldn't have voting rights, probably not a divided so it would ultimately become more of a donation than a share.

The Argyle company could make share buy back offers as and when it is sufficiently liquid to be able to do so. I do not see the need for the original share issue to end up as a donation, unless the company goes 'belly-up'. Under SH's shrewd control, I would not normally anticipate that happening.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’d buy bonds or shares in Argyle..

Sep 3, 2009
I'd buy shares but only to own a very small piece of the club, so non-equity shares don't really appeal. If there was enough demand for, say, 10% of the club, across multiple supporters, it would be a way of giving the fanbase a share and say in the direction of the club - if it also came with a board seat for an elected rep.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Adam_R":1sas32h5 said:

A bit like the ones I bought in Aston Martin a couple of years ago, then! :oops:

A bond issue would probably be something of interest to lots of fans should some financing be required in the future.