Ryan Lowe - Bolton (and now Birmingham) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ryan Lowe - Bolton (and now Birmingham)

Oct 10, 2012
This one would boil down to Lowes aspirations as a manager now. If he wants to make it to the top then he’ll have to start managing higher than League Two. If he’s happy being a lower league manager then it makes sense for him to go to Bolton.

Apr 19, 2008
Cornwall
He's already taken a step down a league to join us, I don't think he'd do it again. If he has one more good season with us, he'll get Championship job offers. I not particularly worried about this rumour.

Oct 10, 2012
s.whitey92":2gchh5y1 said:
He's already taken a step down a league to join us, I don't think he'd do it again. If he has one more good season with us, he'll get Championship job offers. I not particularly worried about this rumour.

On the flip side what IF we lost the first 8 games of the season and he gets sacked? Bolton (I don’t know their financial situation) basically have all their senior players out of contract so a new manager can come in and build his own team straight away.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
IJN":2r53553b said:
I don’t like this rumour one bit!

:sad:

Surely he doesn't want to be back in League 2 again?

Bolton are still cost cutting so a compensation package not favouredfor next appointment. They have 15 players out of contract. CEO has just gone to save cash too.

Can't see it myself.

Come on IJN get a grip :lol: Although one day we will wish Flybe hadn't gone bust.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I cannot imagine for a moment that Bolton F C are rolling in cash following their financial crisis. It will not have improved during the current pandemic period one iota. I consider RL to be too much of a canny Scouser to jump from perhaps relative comfort at Home Park into a potentially worse position.

Mar 8, 2016
The can’t afford to pay compensation to poach a manager, they will get someone already at the club or a manager that’s out of work,

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
.. well he wouldn't be taking Danny, Dom, Will and Bryon with him!

He's ours for a while, methinks.

Jul 24, 2009
If they were in league one I'd likely be somewhat worried but with them in league two, and him having already done that step back once, I can't really see it. Of course the geography makes sense, but assuming he's not under an imperative to get back up north at all costs I'd think this isn't the move that would take him away. He's clearly an ambitious man, and you'd think his aim would be to get to the Championship in the reasonably short to medium term, sticking with Argyle would surely be the route with the better prospects. Plus he's worked hard to get us facing the right way, with all his staff with him & a supportive owner and fan base, I think he'd fancy the crack at league one with us next year.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
If we didn’t go up and they didn’t come down I’d be more worried. I’d like to think he’s started something here and will be here next season.

May 3, 2016
I would of thought an obvious target for a few manager less clubs.

The guy obviously has ambitions will those ambitions be met here?

Any bigger club closer to family has to be tempting I wouldn’t blame him one bit.

Managers come managers go that’s football I wish him all the best what ever he decides.

But at the moment just rumours.

Mar 29, 2020
It will come down to money and if he gets fed up coming down here 2 or 3 times a week simple as that... once Bolton get there finances back on track they will be back in the Championship....If they offer him 50% more on his wages I certainly would be worried.