George Cooper | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

George Cooper

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Jun 27, 2019
That doesn't necessarily mean he isn't available. He's hardly going to come out and say he wants rid of him when he knows there's at least one club interested.

May 3, 2017
WoodsyGreen":1vrsr4ti said:
That doesn't necessarily mean he isn't available. He's hardly going to come out and say he wants rid of him when he knows there's at least one club interested.

Agreed. Surely it’s the manager who has the final say on who comes and goes anyway? I always take what McAnthony says with a pinch of salt.

James J":1xcs38za said:
WoodsyGreen":1xcs38za said:

Agreed. Surely it’s the manager who has the final say on who comes and goes anyway? I always take what McAnthony says with a pinch of salt.
Fair comment..thanks for that..I guess he's just getting Argyle to make a decision

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
Laido":3b3tc9i5 said:
James J":3b3tc9i5 said:
WoodsyGreen":3b3tc9i5 said:

Fair comment..thanks for that..I guess he's just getting Argyle to make a decision

I'm sure I saw a tweet last week from him saying if they dont get promoted he will step down. Can't find it though so might just be imagining it!

Jan 8, 2018
Saltash
ngs01":1tb8zy2v said:
Laido":1tb8zy2v said:
James J":1tb8zy2v said:
WoodsyGreen":1tb8zy2v said:

I'm sure I saw a tweet last week from him saying if they dont get promoted he will step down. Can't find it though so might just be imagining it![/quote ]

You’re right he did say it, he did tender his resignation but it was rejected by the board

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Bit of a nothing report in their local rag.

Him - He wants to stay and fight for a place. Would he say any different?
Club - hes ours unless someone bids for him... Not exactly an arm around the shoulder and reassuring him of his future.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
If I were Darren Ferguson I'd be a bit miffed about Peterborough's owner constantly tweeting about football related matters which really should be his jurisdiction.

Jul 24, 2009
Cobi Budge":2oyntt6e said:
If I were Darren Ferguson I'd be a bit miffed about Peterborough's owner constantly tweeting about football related matters which really should be his jurisdiction.
That's MacAnthony's style, always has been & the two go way back. I prefer the Simon Hallett / Ryan Lowe was of doing things for sure though

On Cooper, in the pre Corona world he'd have commanded a fee for sure so the question would be is it a fee we can afford, and would choose to pay. If anything Corona will make Peterborough less likely to want to spend and so more likely to give Cooper a run in the team I would think with Maddison etc leaving and less keen to pay out to bring people in. If Argyle want him we'll have to make an offer that Peterborough want to accept, its probably as simple as that.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
The comments from Barry Fry in this report: https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/plymouth-argyle-george-cooper-peterborough-4225867 seem quite confused and a bit contradictory to me. He says Cooper wants to stay and fight for his place and that Ferguson is happy for him to do that but then it also highlights some previous issues and says that if we paid the right amount they'd let him go. Those are hardly the words of a club that really wants to keep a player. I read them more that they ARE open for business as far as Cooper is concerned.

The thing that confuses me is that when Cooper first signed on loan it was reported that we had an option to buy him this summer. But since then there have been a lot of contradictory reports about that option including whether it exists at all or whether it was for the summer or for January. Obviously, even if such an option exists it is unlikely that we would be able to trigger it financially now, but I can't help but feel there is a lot of media posturing going on by Peterborough to try to persuade Argyle to pay for Cooper. One possible scenario is that we DO have an option but now want to pay less than any previously agreed amount and Peterborough DO want to sell but are trying to persuade Argyle to stick to the agreed deal. Peterborough's position is obviously weakened if Cooper wants to move but if he does he is not going to say that publicly as he won't want to burn his bridges with Ferguson.

Who knows eh?

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Doc, I think the option was to buy him in January.