Argyle Quiz Questions | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Quiz Questions

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Just as everyone is in lockdown I'm doing quizzes with my mates, and I'm trying to put together a semi-hard (ooh err) Argyle-related quiz.

If anyone has any good Argyle related quiz questions (preferably from the past 5-10 years; we're all relatively young) I would be very appreciative, it's hard work to think of some!

I was trying to find out Argyle's attendance at the play-off final (not the total) for one question but Google is no help on that!

I don't think any of the lads read PASOTI so you should be safe to post your questions (and answers) in this thread but you can always PM just to be safe.

Thank you in advance, PASOTI

How many rounds do you want? If you need several and want to make little effort thinking of questions, do some on top tens. If you want to be tricky, do the Young Player of the Year for the past 10 seasons. Or top goalscorer over past 10 years or Player of the Year for the past 10 years might be a little easier.

Or a round on either/or. So you can pick 2 matches and see which had higher attendance, 2 players and see who was with us longer/played more games/scored more goals, or 2 seasons and ask in which we had a higher league position.

I always think with quiz rounds, if you have 10 questions, you need 4 easy, 3 middling, 2 hard and the final question is probably nasty but people learn something from it at the same time.

M

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
You could also do 'Who scored the first/last goal in a season', the team from which we obtained/loaned a particular player and the same with player disposals. Players' international careers are also good subjects. All answers on GOS, It's a brilliant resource for trivia.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
These are brilliant ideas, just the sort of thing I had in mind, something a little different!

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Liam, you have a pm, I sent it a while ago mate.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Which team did Argyle beat away on the last day of the 2006/7 season & then again on the 1st day of the 2007/8 seaon ? Prompting Holloway to say 'we might as well have just stayed up here all summer'

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Alan Turing":35b2wrg3 said:
Liam, you have a pm, I sent it a while ago mate.

I do! Sorry mate, I don't look for PMs often and it doesn't notify you when you have one! I've seen it and replied, thank you, it's a cracking question.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
German Shepherd":3cmn0wx4 said:
Doh , just realised it's more than 10 years ago :facepalm:

Give them bonus points if they get it right then ! :greensmile:

:D Still a great question, thanks mate!