Fans Forum 27th June 2pm

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010

AP: Season tickets will be on sale as soon as the start date for the new season is announced, maybe in September.

RL: Recruitment and planning for new players started in December 2019. Agents spoken to and the targets are still available and want to sign apart from one player who went to a Scottish club.

SH: Strategy is to invest in infrastructure, if salary cap is introduced Argyle are better suited than most other clubs due to having other resources.

SH: Final payment into the club has just been made this week, stresses this is the last money from SH. This will keep the club going for 12 months.
Lower league clubs still have costs but no revenue. We can't buy players, survival of the club is important.

RL: I'm not going to Bolton, I have 2 years left on my contract unless Mr Hallett would like to up it. At this moment in time I'm committed to Plymouth Argyle. I will not comment on lazy journalism each time there is rumour or speculation. Keyboard warriors need to stop spreading rumours.

AP: Not sure if games will be completely behind closed doors or limited capacity in stadiums. EFL in talks with Government on way forward. Just under 6000 season tickets sold last season, live streaming of games is possible, iFollow should be improved and include Saturday 3pm games.
The club will clarify who will be allowed into Home Park if there is limited capacity.

RL: Great relationship with AP, SH and Zak Newton, I'm left to get on my job, I have a great team behind me.

SH: Not seeking external investors but has talked to people who were interested although nothing came of it. Argyle is a community asset and I'm just a steward of that asset.
Offering fan shares in the club is appealing but lots of regulation and no progress being made. Shares is just a one off payment into club instead of regular money coming in.

AP: Electronic advertising boards would be nice but lack of TV coverage in L1 and L2 doesn't make it viable unless coverage on iFollow streaming increases. Club looking at own streaming service, in talks with iFollow.

SH: Electronic advertising boards were looked at but would lose seats.

RL: Academy wasn't the best but with Darren Way and Neil Dewsnip we are looking to improve. Young players will get a chance in first team, also aim to produce young players to sell and make big transfer fees for the club.
Data analytics is important and so is coaching and scouting.

SH: We want Academy to provide good players, playing young players is not as risky as some other managers think, we are blessed with a manager who gives kids a chance.

SH: The more cash in the club will help, buy stuff from superstore or buy tickets when they go sale, also recognise that fans are financially struggling in difficult times.

AP: Fans have been tremendous in supporting the club especially buying the new home and away shirts.

SH: Some clubs giving long term contracts to players without clarity on funding for those wages.
We must be patient about assembling a squad, good players will be available - patience is key.

RL: Cautious on signing players, contracts end 31 July so the situation will be lively around that time. Good players who would have cost more earlier will then be available in July at a better price/wage.

SH: Scenario analysis have been done to look at options and outcomes for games and future of club which enables decisions to be made.

Sparksy: No plans to return to match commentary.

SH: Limited capacity is club specific but looks like between 20% and 50% capacity.

AP: Looked at different models - toilet breaks, speed of fans entering stadium, family groups, social distancing etc.
No clear way forward at this stage.

RL: Callum McFadzean has been given more time to decide on contract, probably to end of month. Partner just had a baby so family decision to be made.

RL: Don't care who wins L2 play-off but Exeter for short distance travelling and for revenge for losing 4-0.
We were going to win the league anyway!

SH: Upset at bitterness from some fans towards Exeter, great for Devon football to have 2 clubs in same league, utmost respect for Exeter.

AP: Third kit coming soon.

RL: Will play a lot of local pre-season games due to rules on travel and hotels.

RL: No Manchester United shirts to be seen in Plymouth, only Argyle and Liverpool! (Joke).

RL: Hope to have promotion parade or celebration.

SH: Vision - sustainable Championship club within 5 years, club to be financially secure without money from SH. Must invest in infrastructure and people.

Finish.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2ps44u4s said:

AP: Season tickets will be on sale as soon as the start date for the new season is announced, maybe in September.

RL: Recruitment and planning for new players started in December 2019. Agents spoken to and the targets are still available and want to sign apart from one player who went to a Scottish club.

SH: Strategy is to invest in infrastructure, if salary cap is introduced Argyle are better suited than most other clubs due to having other resources.

SH: Final payment into the club has just been made this week, stresses this is the last money from SH.
Lower league clubs still have costs but no revenue. We can't buy players, survival of the club is important.

RL: I'm not going to Bolton, I have 2 years left on my contract unless Mr Hallett would like to increase it. At this moment in time I'm committed to Plymouth Argyle. I will not comment on lazy journalism each time there is rumour or speculation. Keyboard warriors need to stop spreading rumours.

AP: Not sure if games will be completely behind closed doors or limited capacity in stadiums. EFL in talks with Government on way forward. Just under 6000 season tickets sold last season, live streaming of games is possible, iFollow should be improved and include Saturday 3pm games.
The club will clarify who will be allowed into Home Park if there is limited capacity.

RL: Great relationship with AP, SH and Zak Newton, I'm left to get on my job, I have a great team behind me.

SH: Not seeking external investors but has talked to people who were interested although nothing came of it. Argyle is a community asset and I'm just a steward of that asset.
Offering fan shares in the club is appealing but lots of regulation and no progress being made. Just a one off payment into club instead of regular money coming in.

AP: Electronic advertising boards would be nice but lack of TV coverage in L1 and L2 doesn't make it viable unless coverage on iFollow streaming increases. Club looking at own streaming service, in talks with iFollow.

SH: Electronic advertising boards were looked at but would lose seats.

Who was that keyboard warrior then?

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=111471

;)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
:greensmile:

As I said, I don’t like the rumour one bit!

Other people (Twitterati) started it.

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
Great to see the positivity during these very difficult times, let's hope we get back to watching live games sooner rather than later
Pete

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
It is just so reassuring to listen to Simon, Andrew and Ryan talking about our club.
Simon: “He ain’t going nowhere”.
Andrew: “He’s fully committed to PAFC”.
Ryan: Words to the effect of “I ain’t going nowhere”.

Can we put the rumours and conjecture behind us for this season?

Jul 12, 2016
Interesting and reassuring apart from SH confirming he has just made the last payment to the club. Does anybody know how much and how long we can last without his help ?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
oldage":1c6tn3w6 said:
Interesting and reassuring apart from SH confirming he has just made the last payment to the club. Does anybody know how much and how long we can last without his help ?
At least a year, that’s the impression I got.

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
davie nine":3hfxxdw7 said:
oldage":3hfxxdw7 said:
At least a year, that’s the impression I got.

Yes SH said that his last tranche of cash has ensured argyles future for 12 months no matter how soon fans can return. I thoroughly enjoyed the forum and felt good about the rapport between the three of them. As an aside I kept looking at Sir Gordon and kept thinking Paul Walsh!! :scarf: