Anoraks 49 - a trio of bitter sweet hat-tricks | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Anoraks 49 - a trio of bitter sweet hat-tricks

Jan 11, 2016
Who are these three hat-trick scorers?

A. I never managed a League game for the first team but only Sammy Black and Jack Vidler managed to score three goals at Home Park before a bigger crowd than me.

B. I scored a hat-trick at Home Park in my first cup game for Argyle but never managed another goal in any of my other cup ties for the club.

C. I did my best to serve up a festive goal feast but none of the Green Army went home happy.

Aug 8, 2013
A: just guessing here, but I believe there was a crowd in excess of 20,000 for a reserve
game back in the 60's, when tickets for the Spurs FA Cup game were available. Did someone
manage a hat-trick in that game ?

Aug 8, 2013
Sainghin Green":vq61annz said:
Spot on Gary S!

......and his name was?

Ah, got me there :)

From previous threads, several posters on here have
mentioned that they were at the game, so hopefully one
will be along in a minute to supply the name.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
A quick trip to my handbooks reveals Alex Garden ( I know...me neither) scored three v Mansfield Reserves in front of 20K+

Made one appearance for the first team v West Ham in the League Cup before heading away to Ashford....

Made one final appearance at Home Park as part of the Corby team despatched 6-0 in the FA Cup

GOS I love you :)

Jan 11, 2016
Just a couple of bits of trivia to round this off....

The Corby game was the one in which Mike Bickle scored his only cup goals.

The Tynan hat trick is, as far I can see, the only 'losing' hat trick by an Argyle player. Happy to stand corrrected on this.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth