Niall Canavan signs new contract (merged) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Niall Canavan signs new contract (merged)

Dec 8, 2019
macleanie":2c6g3b64 said:
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/nialls-new-deal/

Good news in my opinion. Quite like his calmness.

Good news, hopefully with Aimson and one other with Wootton and sawyer in reserve, we'll be OK in that position

Oct 5, 2013
macleanie":2rteifaq said:
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/nialls-new-deal/

Good news in my opinion. Quite like his calmness.

This is great news. Had a great season.
His height means he hardly ever loses a ball in the air (at either end!), his reading of the game and confidence have come on masses under RL, heā€™s a good passer out from the back, has a good attitude (as do all the players under RL), and overall is a great asset.
Can see him being an excellent player in League 1.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Found wanting in a two, but has the right blend of attributes to play in a three. Decent passer, good in the air, positionally aware (which makes up for lack of pace). Him with Aimson to the right and a new CB to the left would be quite solid.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Good organiser and communicator. Always talking in the defence with instructions.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Personally think Canavan is a better player than Ryan Edward's for us and is the best since Bradley imho but he will struggle with pace and needs some one quicker alongside

twist of lime

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Pleased with that and agree with points others have stated.

Squad is starting to take shape and looking forward to a few new signings over coming weeks to add to the group..

As stated on another thread, Argyle spreading out the signings, so hope to see McFazden in the next few days fingers crossed

COYG

Apr 1, 2009
Nobby":2yazlrab said:
Found wanting in a two, but has the right blend of attributes to play in a three. Decent passer, good in the air, positionally aware (which makes up for lack of pace). Him with Aimson to the right and a new CB to the left would be quite solid.

Agree with most of that. Much better in the middle of three where his lack of pace is covered.

Jun 27, 2019
He's no Sonny Bradley and will have to convince me he's capable of leading a line in League One, but you can't argue with the season he's just had. I'm pleased he's re-signed after rumours suggested he was off.

I still think we still need to sign at least one new CB if we're going to challenge next season, though.