1970's Pilgrim Newspapers programmes on eBay | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

1970's Pilgrim Newspapers programmes on eBay

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I quite liked that newspaper programme, which was in use when I first started to go to Argyle in 75. One afternoon, I went up to the ground and asked if there were any old programmes I could have and somebody pointed me in the direction of an old shed at the back of the Devonport End, saying there’s loads in there, help yourself.

I spent an hour or two going through loads of old programmes and took about forty home with me. Happy days. The programme in your advert was for the infamous Chelsea game which saw some of the worst football hooliganism seen at HP up to that point. Absolute mayhem. Devonport End never knew what hit it.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
My least favourite programmes....and I won two of the crossword competitions whilst they were published. hard to store ( the A4 ones were better but the newspaper style were a nightmare.

I still like the pocket sized ones from 1964 onwards....

BTW check your 64/5 Southampton homes....the postponed game from December 16th is highly sought after by Southampton fans

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
pafcprogs":i5g47q5v said:
My least favourite programmes....and I won two of the crossword competitions whilst they were published. hard to store ( the A4 ones were better but the newspaper style were a nightmare.

I still like the pocket sized ones from 1964 onwards....

BTW check your 64/5 Southampton homes....the postponed game from December 16th is highly sought after by Southampton fans

Yes, I can imagine the fuss when they first introduced the newspaper. Not sure how long it ran for. Seem to recall it finished around 77, but no idea how long it had been going.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Devongreenowl":25h9memo said:
I quite liked that newspaper programme, which was in use when I first started to go to Argyle in 75. One afternoon, I went up to the ground and asked if there were any old programmes I could have and somebody pointed me in the direction of an old shed at the back of the Devonport End, saying there’s loads in there, help yourself.

I spent an hour or two going through loads of old programmes and took about forty home with me. Happy days. The programme in your advert was for the infamous Chelsea game which saw some of the worst football hooliganism seen at HP up to that point. Absolute mayhem. Devonport End never knew what hit it.

I vaguely remember that was in response to a particularly fine outing by the embryonic Green Army fo Stamtord Bridge. or did I dream it?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
saxman":3jkgfim1 said:
Devongreenowl":3jkgfim1 said:

I vaguely remember that was in response to a particularly fine outing by the embryonic Green Army fo Stamtord Bridge. or did I dream it?

Ha, I can tell you that on that day at HP it was like embryos against men!