Will Aimson | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Will Aimson

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
He is contracted for season 20/21 and it would be good to have an update on his fitness. We were told in March that he was nearing full fitness.
Dom Telford, who also had fitness problems in 19/20, has told us that he is ‘raring to go’ but we have heard nothing about Aimson who could be very important to our defensive set up next season. I was hoping that someone would ask RL at the Fans’ Forum.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Really hope Aimson has put his serious injury problem behind him. He looks a very useful player if he can stay fit. Ryan Lowe's comment about Bury's fitness record really came back to bite him last season didn't it. Three of his Bury signings ( Aimson, Telford and Fadz) spent significant periods on the sidelines, so he will be hoping for much better this season, especially if finances mean he has to have a smaller squad.

May 8, 2011
In the Herald article about Aimson, Lowe was quoted as saying his injury has settled down a lot and he can do a lot more stuff.
So from that it would appear he hasn’t fully recovered yet.

Jun 27, 2019
HC Green":2g4ru1ij said:
In the Herald article about Aimson, Lowe was quoted as saying his injury has settled down a lot and he can do a lot more stuff.
So from that it would appear he hasn’t fully recovered yet.

He's been out for the best part of a year - you don't suddenly start running marathons.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
More than a year Woodsy.

He arrived injured and has not got over it yet. He's in the last chance saloon this season because if he plays as often as last season then he's looking for a real job next June. Two years with no significant game time due to the same injury is going to be retirement time since no full-time club will be offering him a contract.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Think he's been lucky with his manager and the club he's at. At many others he'd be unemployed and faced with proving fitness prior to the start of the season.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I prefer to rely on RL’s comment “They are like new signings for us, especially Will”.
Sticking to ‘glass half full’.

Feb 8, 2005
I can understand Davie's post, as a fit Aimson will be as good as a new signing. The manager must have rated him, but obviously did not realise the extent of his injury when he signed him. As Aimson has been out for such a long period. it will either be like a new Lowe signing, or it may take a bit of getting up to match fitness again, or it may be a lost cause if he breaks down again.

We will not know until the the new season starts again.

I fervently hope that Aimson has put his injury behind him, and that he comes out fighting fit. From what I have seen so far, he could be a footballing centre half with the ability to put the ball in the back of the opposition net. He might even be able to take up the defensive midfield role if our three centre halves do not allow him into their domain because of their good form.

The new season always brings out the optimism in us supporters.

Aug 22, 2008
Chicago
It's interesting that for some players this extended break may have been just what they needed.

Perennially injured players are constantly being rushed back, with the summer the only chance their bodies get to recover before the intensity of pre-season. Players will also often tell the manager they are feeling better because they want to be in with a shout of playing.

Players like Aimson might have finally got the rest with no pressure to return that their bodies actually needed, allowing them to continue or extend their careers.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Mark Pedlar":1ulu8lr0 said:
Think he's been lucky with his manager and the club he's at. At many others he'd be unemployed and faced with proving fitness prior to the start of the season.

What’s his contract though? They’d have to pay him off to make him unemployed anyway. One assumes Ryan Lowe knew exactly what his injury prognosis was when he signed him, but obviously it’s worked out a lot worse than he hoped. He’s had a good few months to get fit now and the prospect of a while longer before they have to get ready for pre-season. If he’s not fit then, we really do have a problem.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
It was reassuring to hear RL give the impression that Will Aimson is fit and ready.
In today’s press conference he said that Aimson will be ‘like a new signing’.

Jul 27, 2020
agree with other comments can only remember one or two home games he featured in memory maybe escapes me but was impressed and seems to have the confidence and ability to play in a number of positions and a goal threat too bring it on

Jul 12, 2016
He certainly impressed on the few occasions I saw him play and hopefully will remain free of injuries.